-Chapter 4- Flicker

~Chapter 4~

"Ty..." I whispered, shaking my head slowly as the phone trembled and shook in my hands.

I looked back to see him fighting tears, squeezing his eyes shut and controlling his breathing. Immediately I dropped the stupid devise and ran over to him, arms open. Scooping him up, I gently cradled him as he began to cry into my shoulder.

"I thought we rid of him," he sobbed, shaking his head slowly. "What happened, Adam?"

"I don't know." I whispered, kissing the top of his head. "But it doesn't matter. I've got you, and nothing will happen, okay?"

"But he's back, and-"

"And nothing's gonna happen." I cooed, gently brushing the hair out of his eyes. Ty took a deep sigh, nodding and peering up at me.

"We should call the police."

"I already did. They tracked the phones number. Left in a dumpster, no fingerprints, and no traces of any saved -or deleted- memory on it. I don't get how he could have done that."

I nodded slowly, gently pressing my forehead against his and feeling comforted by the soft sounds of his gentle breathing.

That's when things started turning more than they already had.

I felt my stomach churning and shifting, like the feeling you get before you throw up. My head began to spin and ache, and I had to grab the coffee table for extra support.

"S..Sky!" I heard Ty cry, and looked over. My vision was swimming, but I could make out Ty, who had both hands latched tightly onto the couch. One hand shot up to his head, but the other stayed steady, keeping him up just like mine were with me.

"T...Ty," I forced myself to speak "what's happening?"

"I don't-" suddenly, his eyes widened. His hand unmatched itself from the couch and he stood up, perfectly fine. A look of shock was painted on his face. He began to stumble back, seemingly terrified of...

Me?

I gently held out my hands, trying to coax him to come closer. But he kept backing up, eventually tripped and falling flat on his back. I gasped as I noticed something travel through his body, almost like a flicker.

A flicker of something I really didn't expect to see.

And just like that, the painful effects wore off. My vision returned and my head cleared. My stomach settled down, seemingly done with its rumbling rampage.

Ty too sat up, rubbing his head and looking around. My original protective senses returned and I jumped up, grabbing his elbow and gently lifting him up and onto the couch.

"S...Sky...you...you were..."

"I know. So were you." I mumbled, gently rubbing my fingers up and down his elbow. I remembered a long time ago, two and a half years, when I first discovered Ty's brother, I had whacked my elbow. In return, Ty had gently rubbed the spot, making the red go away. That seemed like so long ago, yet at the same time, I could've been yesterday.

"What was that?" He stumbled, looking up and staring deep into my eyes.

"I don't know. We'll figure out later, okay? I need some sleep."

~Meanwhile, Nobody's POV~

The girl stood in front of Luke, her arm raised high. She was growling, her eyes flaming bright red and her entire body radiated the same heat from anger.

"HOW," she screamed, landing a punch on the side of Luke's body "COULD YOU BE SO STUPID," she continued her merciless hits "AS TO TEXT HIM?!"

"Please!!!" Luke cried pitifully, putting his hands in front of him in a begging position. "I threw everything away! There's no evidence! Nothing to go off of!"

"Fingerprints?"

"Dusted off. Zero trace."

"Memory?"

"Deleted and file hacked and smashed."

"PHONE?!"

"In a dumpster, somewhere downtown."

"Fine," the girl snarled, dropping her arms to her side "this time. Now, ready to test out the machine again?"

"I was in the middle of testing it out!!! YOU DRAGGED ME AWAY!" Luke growled, standing to his feet and sending dagger-like looks towards the woman who had left marks scattered across his precious flesh.

"...so...it's still on...and it's pretty much taken full effect..."

"YES!"

"Well...uh...shit." The girl raced towards the ward where Luke had the machine stored, her partially blue ponytail flying behind her as she ran. Luke was close on her feet, his big, heavy army boots clanking against the cold hard mettle.

"Alright." She muttered, coming to a skidding halt in front of the big piece of mechanics, wires and systems. She quickly pounded a few numbers into the pad, sighing in relief as it made a loud bing.

She turned back to Luke, who stood there, soot covering his face and bruises his torso.

"What would've happened?"

"Uh...side effects...headache...stomach...eyesight...making a flicker?"

The fire burned brightly as the girl walked up to the male, taking off her hat and giving him a hard smack upside the head.

She left, her ponytail flying behind her as she walked, and leaving a sad looking Luke in the middle of the dark ward, wondering would would happen next.

~Authors Note~

I GAVE YOU GUYS A GIANT HINT OF WHO IT IS - LETS SEE WHO CAN FIND IT. IM NOT RESPONDING TO SNYONE BUT IM EXPECTING PEOPLE TO GET IT RIGHT ;)

ALSO, IM WORKING ON A VIDEO OF THE CHARACTER THEME SONGS FOR THIS STORY. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN. NOW I KNOW NO ONES GONNA DO THIS, BUT IF YOU WANT, MAKE A VIDEO OF YOUR OWN AND SEND IT TO ME. OR YOU CAN JUST POST IN THE COMMENTS, LIKE THIS:

Luke : *random song title here*

Ty : *random song title here*

AND SO ON. GOOD? GOOD. IM INTERESTED TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL DO THIS XD

ANYWAY IT'LL COME OUT ONCE THE MYSTERY PERSON IS REVILED CAUSE SHE'LL BE IN IT TOO.

K BAI.