When they were ready to interview us we waited in a little hall where I could hear one of the hosts talking.

"When we come back we're going to sit down with Ashton Irwin and Carter Chase, and later on we'll head over to Central Park to see 5 Seconds of Summer preform for our summer concert series."

The audience cheered at this and then they let us onto the sound stage.

We walked over to where the person who would be interviewing us was sitting, and I felt my jaw drop a bit when I realized it was Robin Roberts. Everyone knew who she was.

"Hello." She stood up to greet us and I got a bit nervous as she hugged me and then Ashton.

"It's so nice to meet you." I said and she took my hands in hers.

"It's nice to meet you too, we're all so excited you two are here. We've been covering your relationship since the beginning and i'm so inspired by both of you." She complimented us.

"Ah, well thank you." Ashton smiled and then placed a hand on my back to lead me over to the stools we were sitting on.

One of the crew members stood off to the side with Ender and Gracie al they were in mine and Ashton's line of vision, and Gracie waved at us, giggling adorably.

There was a countdown clock that said when we were live and soon it said LIVE in giant red letters.

"Welcome back to GMA where we are talking with Ashton Irwin, drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer, and Carter Chase, his fiancé who is joining him and the band as they tour America. We followed them around yesterday at their show in New Jersey, and found out what it's like for a typical day as 5 Seconds of Summer."

Robin said, the camera only on her and then it switched to the package of our day yesterday that was filmed.

When it was over the cameras went back to us three.

"So first I want to ask, what is it like having two young kids on tour, I mean that seems difficult." Robin smiled.

Ashton and I laughed.

"I mean, at some times it's gets crazy because we have literally 50 million things going on at once because I have the band and Carter has modelling and the business at home and then we have each other and the kids who we put before all of that, so it gets really hectic at times  but we find times throughout the day to just be together as a family." Ashton said.

"But the kids love being on tour." I added. "It's a blast for them to go to so many places and meet new people and learn different cultures."

"So a few months ago it was a big story about your custody battle over Gracie against her birth father." She said and as the words lefts her mouth Ashton reached for my hand, taking up my small fingers between his strong ones. "Now that it's over and you maintained your custody and adoption of her, how have you moved on?"

"Well for the sake of us and the kids we had no choice but to get back to a normal life. We couldn't keep holding onto that pain. I mean we won so we were happy and thankful and just overjoyed, but there was still the fact of matter that we thought she was going to get taken away and that's not easy to cope with. But we were ready for the kids to have a normal life again." I said, Ashton stroking his thumb along the back of my hand as I spoke.