The Last Laugh

~ Jerome's POV ~

I watch Rhiannon as she sleeps soundly next to me. I have my head rested on my fist while with my other hand I stroke the side of her face. I've been up for a few hours now. It's early morning I'm pretty sure. I think all the suspense about tonight is getting to me, which is why sleep has decided to leave me.

I'm excited for it. I'm ready to be in the spotlight again, and I can't wait for my boo to see me in all my evil glory. I don't think I was enjoying the idea as much because of all the tension between Rhiannon and I.

But now with everything clear between us, I can enjoy what I have planned for tonight. I'm also happy because after the gala, I can be free of Theo Galavan and move on with my life.

I was thinking about seeing if I could get in with Rhiannon's family. I'm not sure if her father knows about us, but I know I'll have to introduce myself eventually. I hope he doesn't want to beat my skull in for being with her. Hopefully Michael will intercede in my behalf and help ease the blow for the old man.

Rhiannon moans as she rolls over to her other side. I can't help but smile as she tugs the sheets tighter around her. I let her have the sheets and big comforter as I quietly climb out of the bed. I walk on my tiptoes as I make my way over to the bathroom. I don't want to wake up Rhiannon. The past few days haven't been easy for her and I want her to rest. She needs it.

Once I'm in the bathroom and with the door closed behind me, I strip down out of my clothes and turn on the shower. I get myself cleaned up all while running through my plans for today and tonight. First thing I have to do is tie up the last loose end that is called my father. I don't want any more traces of my past life even existing anymore.

All I want is this new life I'm going to have with Rhiannon. I don't need no blind old man coming around bothering us. Then after that I have to reunite with Barbara back at the penthouse as we go over our planned routine for tonight. I already know everything will go according to my plans, so then after that I'll spend the rest of the night with Rhiannon.

That's all I do as I get dressed, I just go through my plans for today and tonight. I run my hand over my hair one more time before giving myself a wink in the mirror.

Damn am I one lucky bastard.

Thinking that Rhiannon is still asleep, I walk out of the bathroom as quietly as I can. When I turn myself around after closing the bathroom door, I'm greeted by Rhiannon looking at me intently.

"Where do you think you're going looking all handsome my psychotic ginger?"

I roll my eyes as she calls me the P word as she lets out a giggle. She knows she's the only one who can get away with calling me crazy. She has the covers covering her breasts and torso, her legs are uncovered and I find myself wanting to go over there and climb on top of her. She has her head resting on her balled fist as I walk over to the side of the bed.

She lets her herself fall back on the pillows as I sit down on the side of the bed next to her.

"I have some things to take care of before tonight. I thought it would be good to get an early start," I tell her as I bend my head down closer to her. She pouts when she tells me, "Awwww I thought you might stay a while...at least to help me with my morning cravings."

One of her hands, which had been resting on my thigh, moves slowly towards my crotch. She gives me a mock death stare when I take her hand in mine and move it away from its destination. I kiss her hand when I tell her, "You need rest baby. I know you're tired since I know for a fact that you wore me out last night."

She gives a smirk as she takes satisfaction in hearing me say that. She closes her eyes when she says, "My hormones must be all out whack now that I'm pregnant. You got me hot Jerome and all you did was walk out of the damn bathroom."