Father

AN: I just wanted to address something which I feel like needs to be explained on my part. I'm pretty sure some of you are wondering why I deviated so much from the original story. Well first off don't worry, we are going to be getting back to the original Gotham storyline probably in the next chapter. Second, the reason I did is because I'm basically setting the groundwork for the sequel to this book. Now I won't say how since that will spoil some things, but just know that all of this is setting the foundations for the sequel. :)

Oh and I'm pretty sure that you already know who is going to be in this chapter based on the title so up there is a pretty pic of the guy who I imagine Rhiannon's father to be like, just imagine him a little older that's all. Rhiannon's parents were like in their late 20's when they had her, so he is probably around late 30's early 40's in this chapter. Okay now enjoy this chapter! :)

~

"Okay I brought her like you said now you-"

"I don't owe you nothing Valeska!"

"Fuck you Michael! I did my end of the deal so you better follow through on your end! I have to know what happens to her or you will be sorry!"

I blink my eyes, trying to get my blurry vision to adjust from sleep. I recognize Jerome's voice, but I don't recognize the other one. It's because of their little dispute that I'm waking up. I'm in the back of our truck and for a moment I'm confused.

What am I doing back here? Weren't we in the back of the truck sleeping together in the forest? I can hear Jerome and the man talking and I realize that they are outside of the truck, the door the only thing between us.

I'm tempted to peep out the window but I decide against it. I stay lying down on the backseat and when I glance around I see that Jerome had taken everything that he had in the back and thrown it inside. It's pretty messy back here like he was in a rush or something.

Oh...now I remember even though I was half asleep. Jerome had woken up early and I remember him throwing everything in the back, like he needed to be somewhere. He had dragged me out from the back and had told me to put some clothes on. I didn't understand why he was such in a rush but I was too sleepy to argue.

I had thrown on whatever my hands could find and once the clothes were on I climbed in the back of the truck and went back to sleep. I look out the window on the other end of the truck, and I can see some buildings and skyscrapers in the distance.

They look familiar...wait a minute.

We are back in Gotham. Huh...why would Jerome be in such a rush to come back to Gotham? Does it have something to do with his "friend" that he never talks about it? And why do I have a feeling that I'm about to experience something that perhaps I'm not ready for?

The sunlight comes and splashes over me as Jerome opens the door near my head. I pretend I'm still sleeping when I feel Jerome's head come down to mine. His hand comes and it lands on my head and I can hear him let out a sigh. He gently rubs the top of my head, his fingers tangling themselves in my hair.

Thinking I'm still asleep he whispers in my ear, "Forgive me sweetheart...please forgive me" as he kisses the side of my head. Why is he asking me for forgiveness? What could he possibly do that would require my forgiveness?

Jerome gently moves me as he lets his lips travel to my cheek where he kisses me. "Wake up Rhiannon. Come on baby girl, it's time to wake up!"

I fake a yawn and I slowly rise up to where I meet Jerome face to face. I smile at him and I gently kiss him on the mouth but I can't help but notice that he isn't quick to respond. When I pull back, I can see that his face is lined with worry. What could Jerome possibly be worried about?