Vacation

~ Jerome's POV ~

Hahaha yes! Yes, yes, YES!!!! She fell for it! She actually fell for it! This is good. Yes very good. I have a plan, and I'm hoping that everything goes down the way it should.

I run through the plan as I make my way back to the car that Galavan has let me borrow these past few nights. I parked it a good ways away from the apartment, just for safe measure. When I finally get myself situated in the car, I can't help but let out a laugh. I'm so fucking excited! I quickly put the car in drive, and I make my way as quickly as I can back to Galavan's penthouse. I'm dying to speed my way back, but I don't need to draw any attention from any cops that may be nearby, so I keep the speed limit.

I turn up the radio, letting the music blast through my speakers. I don't even know the song that's playing, but it sounds catchy and it matches my mood. Before I know it, I'm singing the chorus.

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?

I'm right here, 'cause I need

Little love, a little sympathy

Yeah, you show me good loving

Make it alright

Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?

I'm glad that Rhiannon didn't see through my ruse. I've always been able to hide my intentions and all that shit from people real good. But my baby girl has a way of seeing through me. She knows me, and I have a hard time hiding what I'm really feeling from her and her loving brown eyes.

So that's why I'm so glad that she didn't see through my ruse. I can't believe she actually thinks that I'm going to let her go by herself. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my girl go to some town all by herself? All alone and with no one to protect her?

I smile at the word...boyfriend. She told that Lucille chick that I was her boyfriend. We haven't even really talked about whether or not we are boyfriend and girlfriend. It's weird I have to admit. I've never been in an actual relationship with someone. I think it's safe to say though that Rhiannon is my girlfriend. Who would have thought that I would have been so lucky to have a girl like Rhiannon for my first girlfriend and only girlfriend? Yup I said it. Only girlfriend. Rhiannon is the only girl for me.

I make my way to the back of Galavan's building where much to my surprise, Theo is waiting for me. It's probably because I didn't come back last night like I normally do. Shit. I really don't trust him even though he has been really cool with me. He's just too nice, and for a guy who broke out a bunch of people out of Arkham, it just doesn't make sense.

I know he has something planned for us, but he hasn't made his move yet. He is smiling at me as I put the car in park and get out, handing the keys to one of his men. I move away as the man takes the keys and hops into the car, driving it back to wherever Galavan keeps his cars.

"Everything okay now with your sweetheart?" Galavan asks, that fake smile still plastered to his face.

I find I can't say anything. How the hell does he know about Rhiannon? I haven't said anything to anyone except Barbara about my girl, and I know Barbara wouldn't say anything to Theo. I want to keep Rhiannon as far away from Theo as possible. I don't know why, but something in my gut tells me that it is better if Theo doesn't know anything about Rhiannon.