Savior

Even days after my first session with Jerome, I found that I thought about him constantly, more than was appropriate considering we were just supposed to be intern and patient. From the moment I woke up every morning down to when I laid my head on my pillow at night, Jerome consumed my every thought. I just couldn't get him out of my head. 

If I wasn't doing something to keep my mind occupied, I would find myself thinking about our session. I would remember how strong his arms felt when he had them around me, and how I felt a sense of safety when he held me. Think of that. Feeling safe in the arms of someone you knew that murdered someone in cold blood. It was really ironic. 

Something was happening between Jerome and I...something passionate... something with a hint of danger. Now that Jerome and I had been alone together, I realized that there was something there that was extremely powerful. Something so powerful, that I don't know if I'm strong enough to run away from it...whatever it is. 

I wasn't the only one who knew about this connection between Jerome and I. I know for a fact that Anthony knows that there is something going on between us. I know he does, because of how Anthony is always there to keep me away from him. The day after our session I wanted to go to the recreation room to do more observations, but right as I was about to enter the room, Anthony showed up and pulled me away, saying that he needed my help with a patient's file. At first I didn't think to much of it, but it became way more obvious that Anthony was trying to keep me away from Jerome. He would always find some kind of reason or excuse to keep me away from the recreation room. 

That's why I was excited when I opened my locker this morning, and a note fell out. 

"Meet me in the room where I first called you baby girl at noon..." ~ J

Finally a chance to see Jerome without Anthony putting his nose in my business.

I feel my heart start to race at the thought of finally seeing Jerome. I need to see him, I really don't have a reason why but I just need to see him. I glance up at the clock, and see that it's 11:45 am. I hurry and put my stuff in my locker, and I place the note in my pocket. I check my reflection in the mirror I have on my locker door, and then I quickly shut the door. I do my best to not appear in a rush, I don't want anyone following me. Fortunately for me, the hallways that lead to the room are empty. As I get closer to the room, I feel all the nervousness come rushing back to me. I feel like I did in high school whenever I knew I was about to see the boy I liked, but this time its more intense. 

It's more intense, because I could get into serious trouble for meeting Jerome like this. But I'm finding that I really don't care if I do. There's this danger and naughtiness to meeting Jerome in secret like this that makes me feel...excited. It's a feeling that I know I can easily grow addicted to. 

I soon arrive at the door to the room, and I glance around to see that no one is around. The hallways are unusually quiet today, but maybe that'a good thing. Maybe fate is working with me today. I take a deep breath as I place my hand on the doorknob, and with one last glance around, I open the door and enter the room. 

It's empty. I glance at my watch. It's noon. 

Maybe he is just late...

"Are you lost little girl?" I hear a deep voice say from behind. I quickly turn around, and I see an older man standing behind me. I let out a gasp of surprise. I recognize the number on his uniform...

Richard Sionis. 

I look around and realize that I'm alone with him. I can feel the fear choking me, keeping me from crying out for help. I look at him, and I see him grinning at me. He knows I'm scared, which is not good.