Teasing

"Yes I would like the very best room you guys have...no I don't care how much it costs just reserve it for me damn it."

I woke up to the sound of Jerome's voice, his irritated voice to be more precise. As I slowly began to wake up, I immediately realize that I'm not in my bed. I'm lying on hard cold leather, and when I try to stretch out my legs, my feet keep hitting something. I look down and realize that I'm in the back of a...truck?!

I sit up and sure enough, I'm in the back of a large Chevy Silverado. I look at the floor and see my bags along with a very large suitcase. I notice there is an ice chest and when I open it, it's filled with water bottle and sodas. Right next to it, is a large plastic bag filled with goodies. What the hell?

I look up and I see Jerome is on the phone in the driver's seat. He's pulled over by some rest stop and when I look out the back window I see that we are on the side of some highway. You got to be kidding me...

I have no idea where we are, and there's nothing around here that can even give me the slightest clue. We are literally out in the middle of nowhere. No signs of Gotham City anywhere.

"Yes we should be in later this afternoon or early evening so have the room ready. Yes yes I know just have it ready for Mr. and Mrs. Nicks. Alright? Okay thanks."

Jerome hangs up the phone, and he turns with the biggest smile ever plastered on his face. He looks so pleased with himself.

"Good morning beautiful!!" he says as he turns so that he can plop a kiss onto my lips.

"Jerome what the fuck is going on?" I ask as I try to move in the cramped back seat.

"What's it look like baby girl!? We are on vacation!"

I'm rubbing the back of my sore neck when I say, "Vacation?" Sleeping in the back of trucks is not the most comfortable thing in the world. Jerome turns himself in the driver seat so that he can look at me. He nods and I can see the excitement in his eyes when he says, "Yup! You and me baby girl! Did you really think I was going to let you go by yourself? What kind of boyfriend would I be if I left you all alone?"

Vacation...boyfriend...woah.

But now that I think about it, it's true. I should have known that he had something up his sleeve after he gave up on the argument so easily. Jerome doesn't give up that easily.

"Yeah you have a point..."

Jerome opens the driver's side door and he gets out. He closes it, and he comes to the back door. He opens it and he shuts it behind him as he climbs in the backseat so that he can be next to me. When he looks up at me, I can see that he looks nervous.

"Baby I hope you aren't too mad..."

I let out a sigh and I grab one of his hands and wrap my fingers around his.

"Jerome...I didn't want you to come because I wanted you to be safe. I don't want you risking your freedom because of me -"

Jerome puts a finger on my lips to stop me, and he leans forward so that he can rest his forehead on mine. His eyes are closed when he tells me, "Rhiannon...you are worth every risk."

"Jerome..."

His hand comes up so that it can cup my cheek. He leans down so that he can gently rub his lips along mine, teasing me. When he finally lets his lips rest on mine, I slid my tongue into his sweet mouth, taking in the satisfaction of hearing him groan. He is still kissing me when I mumble, "Jerome, you're a fucking fool."

He smiles at that.

"Yeah you're probably right."

I giggle as I pull away from him. His eyes look at me with the question, "Are you mad at me?". I hold his face in my hands, and I just smile. I told myself that Jerome would have to prove his love to me in order for him to gain my trust again. And what more could I ask for?