Pool Party

Jerome stays until the early hours of dawn. He didn't want to leave but I insisted that he leave before   it was full blown daylight. He had his arm around my waist and he held me tight for his goodbye kiss. 

"I'll be back later this evening. And tonight we are doing something. I don't know what, but we are doing something."

I stand up on my tiptoes and give him a quick peck on the lips. He looks down at me with a wonder in his eyes. I smile at him, and I give him another one. 

"To slow!" I tell him.

He smiles at me and says, "I still can't believe you are mine..." 

"Of course I'm..."

He doesn't let me finish though. I feel his hand come to my neck. He holds it in a gentle grip, in the way a mother lion will grab her cub by the neck to carry him. I look at him, and I realize that Jerome may be sweet...but he is still...well...crazy.

With his hand still on my neck, he pulls me close so that our faces are only inches apart. He rubs his forehead along mine, but when he opens his eyes to look at me, I can see that hint of insanity sparkling in his blue eyes. 

"You're mine...don't forget that..." 

I hear the warning in his voice. But I'm not scared. I love Jerome. My heart is his...even if he doesn't understand that yet. I place my hand on his hand that is holding my neck and I say, "Of course."

He nods in satisfaction and he lets go. He drops another kiss on my mouth before walking over to my window and opening it. 

"You could just use the front door" I tell him. He turns to me and shakes his head. 

"Better if no one sees that you have company. People will be curious, and we don't need people in our business." 

I shrug my shoulders, but I realize he's right. He winks at me before slipping out of my window and climbs down the fire escape ladder. I walk over to the window and see that he is already gone. It's good he's quick. But then again, it's mostly college kids who live here. Half of them won't be awake at this hour anyway. It's summer break after all. Most of them are probably hung over, coming off a high, or exhausted after a long night of sex. 

I laugh at the idea of them not knowing that the girl who everyone considered the quietest of the residents just spent her night in the arms of a escaped Arkham patient. 

~

After Jerome leaves, I end up crashing in my bed. I actually didn't sleep at all when Jerome was here, and it's only till he leaves do I realize that I'm super sleepy. I only sleep for a few hours though because of the excitement I feel building up inside of me. 

I spend the rest of the day just kind of fooling around. I do end up leaving and going to the store to stock up on food but that's pretty much the only productive thing I do. 

I'm kind of lost though on what I should be doing. Normally I would be at Arkham. But now I actually have free time. I find that I keep glancing at the clock. Damn why does time have to go by so slow?! Can't it just be night already!? 

I find that I'm pacing the small space of my living room. 

"Oh Rhiannon stop it" I say to myself. I realize that the only way I'm going to make time pass is if I find something to do. I look down and see my biology book sitting on my table. I told myself that I was going to give myself a break from studying. It is summer after all. But I have nothing else better to do...