Territory

~ Jerome's POV ~

I stood in front of Gotham General. Damn this is way too easy. I pulled the hoodie of my jacket over my head, pulling it forward so that it covers the sides of my face. I open the door to the hospital, and look around. It's pretty empty. Seems like fate is working in my favor.

I didn't even have to sneak out of Galavan's hideout. When I was sitting on my bed, he actually came in my room and told me that I was free to go and come as I pleased. He told me that I deserved to have some fun after spending so much time in Arkham. It was a little strange if you ask me. I mean I appreciate everything he has done for us so far, but I still don't trust him.

He's to nice.

I'll have to watch him, but for now I'm not going to ask any questions. My whole focus right now is Rhiannon.

I walk over to the elevators and I notice that one is coming down. I look at the lights above it and notice it's coming from the 15th floor. I move away from the elevators and lean against the wall opposite of them. I pull out my phone and pretend to be texting someone. After a few moments, the elevator door opens and a cop comes out. He doesn't even look at me twice as he walks toward the exit.

That's where she must be. The 15th floor. It must be where they took all the people who got hurt during the breakout. For now, they are the focus of protection for the cops.

I quickly enter the elevator before it closes. I push the button to the 15th floor, and wait for what seemed like an eternity. I feel the nerves building up in my stomach at the thought on how very soon Rhiannon and I would be together again. I finger the switchblade in my pocket in hopes of calming myself. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I guess it's because I'm actually going to see her outside the walls of Arkham. There will be nothing holding us back anymore. No more guards. No more cameras. No more competition. Nothing.

It will just be us.

Finally, I feel the elevator stop and almost like in a slow motion the doors open before me. Even though I'm dying to run out I hold myself back. I don't know what will be on the other side.

I walk out slowly of the elevator to see that the floor is only occupied by one cop. Wow. GCPD really needs to step up its game. The cop turns towards me, and before he can get a look at my face I grab him and hold him by the neck. He struggles, but I quickly take out my switchblade and slice his throat.

I let him fall to the floor while I grab a tissue from the service desk to wipe down the blade. I look at him as I'm cleaning the blade and shake my head.

"Better luck next time buddy" is all I say as I step over him and make my way to a whiteboard. I look up and see a list of all the patient's and their rooms. And sure enough there she is.

Rhiannon - Room 151

I grin at that and realize that her room is at the end of hall that is to my left. Almost like a man in a daze, I walk towards her room. It almost feels surreal as I place my hand on the doorknob and turn it slowly.

I open the door, and my heart stops at the sight of her.

I feel my heart sink as I see her lying on the bed. She looks so tiny...so fragile in that bed. I never liked hospitals. I feel the guilt build in my chest as I make my way towards the side of her bed. She has a few bruises on her arms, and I see a bruise shadowing the side of her face. I feel the anger build in me as I look down at her. I'm angry at myself because I couldn't protect her. I shouldn't have passed out so quickly. Who knows what they did to her...and all because I wasn't there to protect her.

Much to my surprise, I feel a tear make its way down my cheek. A tear that comes with relief at just seeing her. She'll tell me if anything happened.