Beauty

I woke up to the feeling of Jerome's lips kissing my belly. His hands were roaming my entire torso, taking delight in the warmth of my body that was underneath the bed sheets. He had gotten himself underneath the covers, and it's when I lift the thick comforter do I see Jerome.

He was semi on top of me, taking his time in giving me kisses. I stretch out underneath him, expecting him to look up at me with those blue-green eyes of his. So I'm surprised when he doesn't look at me, all his attention instead focused on giving me kisses.

I move my head lazily to the side, curious as to what time it is. Considering how Jerome is an early riser, I'm not surprised when I see that it 6:00 in the morning.

"Jerome why do you insist on waking me up so damn early? Don't you know –"

Jerome silences me with a finger to my moving lips.

"495..."

"Jerome what are you doing?"

My hand is still holding up the comforter when I see Jerome slide up and his lips peck the nipple of my breast.

"496..."

He moves his head to my other breast, giving a kiss to the now taut nipple, saying as he does it, "497..."

He moves up so that he can give a kiss to the hollow space near my clavicle, where I can feel his hot breath against my skin as he says, "498..."

I close my eyes as I feel his lips trail up to the skin at my neck. My hands are trapped between me and his chest, so I let them run up, giving the hard muscles a gentle caress.

"499..." he whispers as he kisses the soft skin at my neck. I open my eyes to the sight of Jerome looking down at me with sleepy eyes. I smile up at him, letting my hand go up to cup his cheek. He bends his wicked red head down to me, and gives me a kiss on the mouth.

It's when he pulls back does he say, "500". I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Mind explaining why I wake up to hear you counting, and why so early? Don't you know how much I want to sleep in for once? Especially after having two semesters of 8:00 am classes?"

Jerome simply smirks and he rests himself on top of me, placing his head on my chest, so that I can twirl his red locks with my fingers.

"Remember how last night I told you I could kiss you I don't know how many times?"

"Mhmm hmm..." I say as I let my hand travel from his head to his back where I let my fingers run aimlessly. Jerome moves his head so that he can nuzzle his face in the crevice of my breasts. I can't help but smile as I look up at the ceiling. Jerome just can't keep his hands or any other part of himself off of me. It's just so satisfying.

"Well my dear, I wanted to see how many kisses I could plant on your divine body before you woke up. I got to 500. I plan on doing 1000 next time," Jerome says as he looks up at me, his eyes wide, full of devotion.

But at that moment, while I do see his love for me, I see something else. For a moment, I see the dark glint of obsession. I love Jerome, but it is hard to see past what is becoming more obvious.

I know Jerome is not sane. I know that he has dark inclinations...things that I haven't seen...things that perhaps I don't want to see. But I'm not stupid. I know that Jerome can only hide his true nature from me for only so long. I know he is trying to earn my trust back after that horrific night, and I know he doesn't want to scare me.

I've told him time and time again, that he needs to help me see who he really is, because I want to love him completely. I would be lying if I said that I'm not scared of seeing Jerome's true colors. I am scared. But I want to love Jerome with my whole soul, and I feel I can't do that unless I know exactly who and what he is capable of.