More Confusion...

I wake up the next morning feeling like shit. I sit up in my bed and stretch out my sore muscles. I feel a crick wanting to form in my neck. I'm still in my dress from last night and I can feel that my makeup is smeared and cracking on my face. I even slept in my heels. Wow.

I get up from my bed, kicking off my heels and stripping out of my dress. I walk into my bathroom and look in the mirror. And then it all comes back to me. I see the dark purple marks around my neck...a chilling reminder of what happened last night. The tears spring up again as I think of how I ran off Jerome. The marks seem to taunt me, reminding me that Jerome is not a normal man. He has his demons and his conflicts. I knew that.

I knew that when I was falling in love with him, I knew I was falling in love with someone who was by no means ordinary. I thought that I could look past Jerome's obvious wrongdoings...I think I still can. But it's what he did to me that I don't know if I can look past. I thought that despite all his flaws, he would have never unleashed his anger or insanity or whatever it was on me. 

As I take a shower all I can think about is Jerome. How I still love him, and how I will do whatever it takes to make our relationship work. But then I think about how he looked at me with those crazy blue eyes, how he had his hand around my neck, how he had no issue seeing me struggle to breath. I trusted Jerome, but now I don't know if I will ever trust him again.

How am I supposed to love someone whom I can't trust?

That is the question I ponder over as I get out and dry myself down with my towel. I comb out my wet hair and I walk out to my bedroom, grabbing my lazy day clothes. I put on a way to big shirt and I put on a pair of short gray cotton shorts. The shirt is so long that it covers the shorts, making me look like I'm not wearing anything underneath. I don't care. It's not like anyone comes around here anyway. I'm pretty sure Jerome won't be coming back anytime soon. 

If anything he is probably angry at me for lashing out. I don't expect him to see the error in his ways. He doesn't see the wrongdoing involving his mother, so how is he going to see what he did to me as being wrong? 

I walk to my kitchen and I'm about to prepare myself something for breakfast when I hear someone knocking on my door. I choose to ignore it, hoping the person will go away. I don't have no desire to see anyone right now. I grab some fruit from my fruit bowl and I start chopping them up when the knocking continues. I grip the knife tighter as I continue my preparation. The knocking continues. 

I throw the knife down on the counter and walk to the door. 

"What do you want!?" I say as I swing open the door. I'm surprised when I see that Anthony is standing in front of me. 

Oh great...he's the last person I want to see right now. 

He is looking at me and I see his eyes go to my exposed legs. I see them travel up and down me, and I realize he's never seen me in anything but work clothes. He is just staring at me, apparently he forgot why he's here.

"What do you want Anthony?!" I ask with an irritated voice. 

I see him snap out of his trance and he looks at me. I see his eyes are shadowed with concern and worry. Over what? I told him I was fine that night he called me. 

I let out a puff of irritation and I step out of my apartment and close the front door behind me. I don't want him thinking I'm going to invite him inside. Whatever he has to say, he can tell me outside. 

I stand in front of him, my arms folded across my chest waiting. I tap my foot in irritation. He sees I'm in no mood and he finally breaks his silence. 

"Um...well I'm here on behalf of the lead staff at Arkham. I'm here to give you this" he says as he hands me a white envelope that he has held behind his back.