Who is She?

~ Every so often, I may want to write from Jerome's point of view, since it will be the best way to get his sentiments at certain points of the story! I'm going to try it and see how it works! Enjoy! ~

I'm looking down at her. I can't believe I'm this close to her. There is something about her. I don't know what it is. I just know there is something. I felt it the moment I laid eyes on her for the very first time. It didn't help that I found her to be quite beautiful. She is a different kind of beauty. 

I've had my fair share of girls during the time I was in the circus, playing the poor innocent boy who gets beaten by his mom and her lovers worked every time. I mean they were pretty, but after a while, they didn't do nothing for me. I wanted someone who could see me for what I am. 

I'm not crazy. I'm just ahead of the curve. I have vision. I have ambition. I have brains. I have plans. I just want to go about it a different way. This whole being locked up here in Arkham is just a slight setback. I really don't have time for a stupid romance. I don't have time to waste over a girl who won't understand who Jerome Valeska is and what he wants. I was pretty sure that for the time being, I was going to initiate this plan solo.

Until she came along. 

I remember seeing her for the first time. I was busy talking with Greenwood, when I heard Sionis say, "Oooo...check out the new girl." I glanced up and there she was. The first thing I noticed was the way she walked, she had a stride that screamed confidence. She had on a skirt that showed off some really gorgeous legs. Her blouse hugged every luscious curve of her, from her waist to her breasts. Her hair was so dark of a brown it almost appeared black, it was long and wavy. 

I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have a girl like that in my arms. 

"She looks good enough to eat" Greenwood said. I looked at him and gave him what I'd like to call my warning grin, "Stay away from her Greenwood. I think I've found something that may give me some diversion while I'm here." Sionis let out a snort.

"Yeah sure keep dreaming Jerome. Like she even would glance at a kid like you".

He sure had a way of getting under my skin. But I wasn't about to back down. "Really Richard? Like she would be interested in someone old enough to be her pops. Watch. I'll show you how it's done."

I turned my attention back to her. I noticed that she was looking in the room. Her eyes were scanning, but she hadn't come on our little group. I set my eyes on her, making sure that I didn't look away. And sure enough, she looked our way. And her eyes fell on me. I'm pretty good about keeping up my act. But it took everything in my power to not let my grin falter, for her eyes were beautiful, deep brown pools like her hair. I'm not a guy to be easily overtaken by girlish charms, but she was something more. 

 I wanted to see what she would do. I gave her what everyone calls my maniac grin. But she didn't look away. She kept looking at me. Her eyes stayed on mine. I could tell by her face that she was scared of me, but then at the same time her eyes showed an interest, like she was captivated. I knew I had gotten her attention. That annoying bastard Anthony was talking with her, but she was obviously ignoring him. 

It was only till he was done talking that she realized what was happening. She looked away, and said something to him, and she walked away, but not before glancing over her shoulder. Despite her beauty, I noticed something else. And it was only till now that I was able to confirm my suspicions. 

As I stood over her, looking directly down at her, I realized that I recognized the expression her eyes were saying. I had seen it in myself, in my own eyes. It was an expression that showed pain, agony, confusion. Something happened to her. And for some reason I wanted to know what it was. 

She slowly walked away from me, going towards the door. She swiped her card, and I noticed her hand was trembling. She was waiting to be buzzed through, and she turned her head towards me. I gave her a wink, and I noticed a small smile wanting to creep onto her face but she repressed it. Perhaps there was more to this girl, something that she wasn't even aware of. And maybe I could help her along. 

She was buzzed through, and she quickly walked out and went down the hall.  

Rhiannon. That was her name. Interesting name I have to admit. There was something about this girl. She was doing something to me, and that never happens to me. I know how to keep myself in check. 

"Rhiannon", I said to myself. Her name sounded mysterious, it had a haunting quality to it. I loved the way it rolled off my tongue. It suited her alright. I had only talked to her for a few minutes but she had already left me wondering so many things about her. 

Rhiannon. Who is she? Who is this girl? What is she doing to me?  

~ Okay this is really bad I know, but I wanted to give y'all something to hold y'all over till the next update! Oh and I know Rhiannon is not a very common name, but its actually from a song by one of my favorite bands so I put the song above in case anybody wanted to hear it! ~