The Maniax

~ Jerome's POV ~

The van itched its way slowly towards the shipyard. I sat in the passenger seat as Dobkins drove as casually as he could. I tilt my head back to see what Helzinger and Greenwood are doing. Helzinger is sitting there looking like the dumbass as he stares into space. I only need him for the muscle. Greenwood is busy with his puny gun, loading it and putting extra cartridges in the pocket of his uniform.

"Why do we have to wear our uniforms Jerome?" Dobkins ask me as he drives past the security gate. Well that was easy. The guy is too busy looking on his phone. He's probably looking at porn or something. Oh well made my job easier.

I point Dobkins in the direction I want him to go as he glances over at me waiting for me to answer his question. I roll my eyes and again I explain the reason we are wearing our Arkham uniforms.

"It's all part of the show. Everyone is probably wondering where the hell we went, and since some time has passed, people have without a doubt assumed we ran off to another city. The uniforms will ensure that those reporters get the story right. No one will be able to deny who we are with these things on."

Dobkins lets out a pout as I motion for him to park our van behind the wall of refueling trucks.

"Can I at least take it off for now? It's itchy!" he says as he begins to scratch himself all over. I shake my head no as I open the door to the van. I hop out and take a deep breath of the salty air that is coming from the water. The sky above me is grey, and I can feel a slight chill in the wind. I stretch my arms up, twirling my gun in my hand.

"You men aren't supposed to be back here," a voice says from behind me. Bringing my arms down, I twirl on the heel of my foot towards the man. His eyes widen when he realizes what my uniform means, and that there is a gun in my hand. He's about to bolt but I twitch the gun slightly and of course he freezes, throwing his hands up in the air. Boy isn't his flight or fight response messed up or what?!

The boys have gathered behind me, and I can hear them snickering at the man who without a doubt is pissing his pants. I walk over to him with a grin on my face and for every step I take his trembling intensifies. I grab him and wrap my arm around his shoulder like buddies in high school, placing the gun's barrel on his side.

"Listen if you cooperate, I'll let you be apart of the part of this whole plan that doesn't involve you dying. Deal?"

The man quickly nods his head up and down, glancing over at me nervously. Good I have him right where I want him. I push him towards Helzinger who places his strong beefy hands around each of his arms to keep him still. He swallows what I'm pretty sure is a scream as Greenwood leans towards him, letting him hear a growl. Really dude? A growl? Oh what do I expect he's a cannibal hahahaha!

I keep the gun pointed towards him and the guy's eyes don't dare move away from it when I ask him through gritted teeth, "Where is Marco?"

His eyes shoot up and I can see the glint of confusion cross over his eyes as he stutters, "Marco...we have a good 10 Marcos which one are you looking for?"

I cock the gun back and I let my finger pull the trigger as a bullet glazes past his leg. I missed on purpose but it's enough for him to realize that I'm not messing around.

"I'm looking for the Marco that is a student at Gotham University. I'm pretty sure that narrows down the parameters, and don't you dare fuck with me because if you do the deal is out the window."

"Marco...Marco...ummmm...a student..." he stutters, his voice cracking at each syllabub. Ugh I don't have time for this, I have a schedule to keep!