Precious Paper

~ Jerome's POV ~ 

I was never a deep sleeper, so of course I heard the voices of Greenwood and Dobkins as they whispered to each other. 

"Dude I swear he was making noises in his sleep!" I could hear Greenwood say. 

"I know I know I heard them too! I kind of want in on whatever was going on in that dream of his!" Dobkins says eagerly. 

What the fuck are they talking about? I pretend I'm still asleep so I can hear whatever else they have to say. 

"Ohhhh...Rhiannon...come on baby...." I hear Greenwood say as I hear Dobkins giggle. Greenwood continues. 

"Come on baby come for me. Come on baby girl come for daddy!" 

Both men bust out laughing at that. What the hell? Where did they hear all that? I feel Greenwood tug one of the loose strands of my bed head hair when he says, "I think the little ginger is in love."

With the speed of a snake, I grab Greenwood's arm in a vise like grip. I hear them both exclaim in surprise as I rise up from the bed, my hand still holding Greenwood's arm. I yawn and look around and see that it's just the two of them. I turn my gaze on the two of them. 

Dobkins is now cowering in the corner and Greenwood is looking at me anxiously. 

"Hey...good morning redhead how are you?" Greenwood says nervously. 

"I'm good how are you?" I ask coldly, my grip tightening on his arm with every breath I take. Greenwood says nothing but I'm not going to let him off the hook that easy. 

With me still holding his arm, I get off the bed and stand in front of Greenwood so that we are looking at each other eye to eye. I take in how his eyes are frantically darting everywhere, and how they will come back on mine but then look away. I see the sweat forming on the top of his head. 

I smile at him and my voice comes out like a growl when I say, "Care to tell me what you two found so funny?" 

"Oh I..."

"Oh come on Greenwood. Let me in on what you found so funny..." I say as I lean closer to his face. 

Greenwood doesn't say anything. Hm. He needs some more persuading. I reach into my pocket and whip out the switchblade. I see his eyes grow big at the sight of the silver blade and I hear a little squeak from Dobkins. 

I place the tip of the blade to his cheek and I press it gently against his skin. 

"I'm going to ask you again...what did you two find so funny?" 

For every second that passes I press the blade just a bit further. Greenwood being the stupid head he is doesn't say a word. It's Dobkins who breaks the silence. 

"You were making noises in your sleep!" he bursts out. I look over at him and he cowers under my gaze. 

With the blade still at Greenwood's cheek, I nod at him to continue. I knew this would work. Dobkins always had a soft spot for Greenwood. 

He shuffles his feet but he manages to get the words out. 

"We heard some noises coming from your room...so we just came in to see if you were okay! When we came in we found you sleeping, but you were mumbling stuff. We were going to wake you up, but Greenwood insisted on letting you sleep! But you kept mumbling...I wanted to wake you up...because I figured you wouldn't like it if we let you mumble like..."

I narrow my eyes at his hesitation to finish.

"Like..."

He looks at me nervously, and I push the blade further and I see a drop of blood bubble forth. It's enough for Dobkins.