"Morning girls", the officer nods towards the two girls on the couch, after Normani let him in.

"Morning", they politely answer.

"I'm not wasting your time, so let's get started", he says..almost motivated.

"How're you, Lauren?"

"Ok?"

Not getting anything else, he continues; "So, surprisingly, after your dad sobered up, he decided to tell us and admit everything, which is very helpful for you in court. I can't picture how hard this must be for you, so the only thing we ask is that you read over the letters that should include a very detailed summary of what happened and we would like you to confirm and add, change." he places the letters next to Lauren. "Whenever you're ready."

Shaking hands grab the paper, eyes start to scan. While she reads the paper in a neutral way, tears roll down Camila's cheeks. She can't help but peak over Laurens shoulder. She knew it was bad, but nothing like this would have ever combined itself in her head. Yes, she does feel guilty about reading something she should have waited to hear from Lauren...She knows it was ok, the moment Lauren looks at her. Her eyes soften as she sees the tears that Camila tries to wipe away.

"I'm so sorry", Camila whispers in her ear. A small smile appears on Lauren's face.

"It's about right."

"Any changes, you would wish us to do? Any not so little thing could help you even though you think it's not relevant." The same old sentence you hear in every crime show, while the bad guys get away with everything in the end anyway, Lauren thinks to herself.

Lauren shakes her head, no. "One last question is left over, well two" There goes the honesty of officers again. "We need to know roughly the time when all this started."

"It has been going on for a few years now. After you know..", lauren stops.

The officer fills in; "The accident?" Lauren flinches hard. Camila plays with her hair to calm her down and show her support.

"Yes", they hear the raven-haired whisper.

"Did he ever rape you?"

"Excuse me sir, you're making her uncomfortable enough with bringing the other subject up, I need you to be more discreet as she's not ready for any of this", Camila snaps all of a sudden. Normani smirks at the action. They both care about each other more than they know right now.

"He didn't", a croaky voice starts; "He didn't get that far..he was close."

"Thank you, Lauren. We need to suggest that you get help to work through everything that has happened. What about the therapist you had last time?, he says casually.

Lauren shoots up, regretting her move as soon as she feels the soaring pain in her body; "NO!" She lowers her voice. "I don't need that. I don't want that."

"Ok, that's your decision, but we do advise that you talk to someone to keep us updated. We don't want the same to happen as last time"

Lauren shoots him a death glare. She doesn't need him to emphasize what happened last time, because it's still following her and keeping her awake at night sometimes. It's what changed her family and it broke apart.

"If you stay here, which is allowed, you'd need someone with you 24/7. Normani and you both have to go to school, that's why we already asked Mrs. Kordei if you could stay with them until you graduate."

"Until I graduate?", she exclaims. "That's almost a year from now on. I can't be such a bruden on them."

"We need to have you supervised, Lauren." There he is again, Mr smartypants. Knowing what's best for her when he doesn't know a flying shit about anything.

"I'll stay with her", Camila blurts out without really thinking about it.

The officer rubs his hands; "Perfect! The it's settled. We do suggest that you join her in school also...", he searches for her name.

"Camila. Camila Cabello."

"Right. Do you still go to school, Camila?" Lauren feels herself getting smaller and smaller. Camila can't tell him what she is, where she's from. Every muscle is tense, waiting for an answer while Normani adores what Camila decided to do. But again, she doesn't know anyting either.

Lauren wasn't prepared for what comes next; "I graduated. I was homeschooled, so I'm actually in Lauren's grade. Should work out just fine, officer. We'll give you a call whenever we need you. But I do think it's time for you to go as Lauren surely needs some rest after all this, don't you think?", she smartly manages to get him to leave.

"Sure. Sorry. We'll check on you as well. We don't think that we need Lauren to testify in court, but be ready. You never know. We send you the dates in a few days. What about your mother, Lauren?" As if she cares.

"Give her the letter to read and tell her to go home. She doesn't need to pretend like she gives a crap. I don't want to see her."

"Alright then", the uncomfortable officer leaves the house. Lauren is indeed completely exhausted and snuggles into Camila after taking her pain medication and eating some warmed up soup.

Camila has a hard timeto keep her thoughts from running away. Running away into a mess of questionsthat she wants to ask Lauren. What has happened? Why isn't her mother livingwith her? Why all this had to happen to her.