sixteen | scott kazmir

Start from the beginning

You crouched down, opening the drawer that held your various pairs of pants. You picked out a simple pair of black leggings, pulling them on. You looked at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing one of Scott's sweatshirts; a Dodgers's one, specifically. It was baggy and the sleeves were too long, but you didn't mind. It was comfortable.

As you headed downstairs, the smell of bacon was wafting through the house. He always made bacon on special days like today. As you walked through the living room to the kitchen, you couldn't help but when you saw the tree. You were briefly reminded of when you had set it up. Due to his height, you had started wrapping the lights around Scott as a joke. You had then gotten into a little war of decorating each other, which ended up with you cuddling on the couch and getting almost none of the tree decorated until hours later.

Upon entering the kitchen you found Scott standing in front of the stove, flipping the bacon. He was now wearing a pair of sweatpants that he got from God-knows-where, but he was still wearing the same shirt and his hair was still a mess.

"Nice hair," you teased as you wrapped your arms around his stomach as best as possible(the height difference made things very difficult sometimes). He turned his head, trying to look down at you.

"You, too," he retorted before turning back to the stove. You smiled as you let go of him, moving to his side.

"Bacon smells good," you stated as he leaned down to press a kiss to the top of your head.

"Should be ready soon."

A half an hour later, you and Scott had finished your breakfast, which consisted of french toast and bacon, and had settled down on the couch.

"Do you think we should open presents now?" you asked as Scott ran his fingers through your hair slowly.

You could both see and feel him freeze briefly. "Yeah, we should," he said softly in an attempt to not throw you off by his actions.

You kissed his lips lightly. "You first," you suggested, smiling to try to hide your rapidly growing nervousness.

"No, you first," he countered. You grinning, putting a fist out.

"Let's settle this."

Scott snorted but mimicked your action. At the end of rock paper scissors, Scott had shown rock and you had shown scissors. You groaned as he celebrated. You put your hand on his leg as you pushed yourself up. You walked to the closet where you had hidden the present for him. You silently admired your wrapping work, and you hoped he couldn't notice how you were already shaking at the thought of telling him about the baby.

Scott smiled as he held the present in his hands. He opened it quickly, his eyes sparkling as he saw what it was. You had bought him a nice pair of headphones that had a Bluetooth option.

"You're always complaining about your current headphones, so..." you explained.

"I love them," he said, smiling. "Thank you."

"I'm glad." You smiled as he leaned over to kiss you on the lips. Once he pulled away you grinned. "You're next."

It was Scott's turn to get up, walking to wherever he had hidden his present. You laughed slightly as you saw his wrapping job, which was not very good. However, you found his small failure cute. You took the present from him, opening it quickly as he sat down. Your mouth dropped open as you saw what it was.

Inside the wrapping paper was a scrapbook. It had you and Scott's name written on it in neat lettering with a heart surrounding it. You smiled as you opened the book, looking at the picture that was already inside.

"This is so much sweeter than my present, Scott," you said as you flipped through the pages. "You're making me feel bad."

"Don't feel bad, baby," he said. "Christmas shopping is hard, I know."

"You're telling me," you joked as you closed the scrapbook. You leaned over, kissing him. "Thank you."

In the silence after you pulled away, you could tell he was nervous. You could feel your nervousness rising, too. Every second that passed was another second closer to telling him.

"I have another present for you," Scott said, breaking the silence.

"I do, too," you said shakily.

He grinned in an attempt to hide how nervous he was. "You first."

You sighed. "Fine." You paused, trying to gather up the courage to tell him. You were sure your heart was going to beat out of your chest as silence filled the room again. "I can't exactly give it to you now, but..." You dared to look at him. You could barely hear yourself talk as you spoke the two dreaded words. "I'm pregnant."

You saw him freeze, and you knew that wasn't a good sign. It was over, wasn't it?

"Really?" he managed after a few moments. You could only nod your head, afraid of what was to come. "How far along are you?"

"4 weeks," you admitted, looking away. "I should have told you, I just-"

"Cameron."

You looked down to see Scott down on one knee, holding a small red box. When you saw it, you started crying almost immediately.

"I don't care that you didn't tell me. I want to start a family with you, and most importantly, I just want you to be my wife," he said, chuckling slightly at the end of his sentence as he opened the box. "Will you marry me?"

You nodded furiously, barely able to see him through your tears. "Yes."

this was so much longer then i expected it to be

this was so much longer then i expected it to be. writing this got me into the christmas spirit and i wrote it on valentines day lmao

also i changed the book covers again bc i am never satisfied and it had to be none other than travis shaw because i love him and miss him. i just want our mayor back ;-;

02.19.17