Fratellie Principessa Andromeda

Start from the beginning

'Oh, go chase a muffin," I snapped at the man who belonged in the Fields of Punishment.

He glared at me before turning to my brother. "I am Tantalus. On special assignment here until, well, until my Lord Dionysus decides otherwise. And you, Percy Jackson, just like I told your sister, I do expect you to refrain from causing any more trouble."

My brother was about to retort when I stepped on his foot, something I had done to get him to shut up since we were 6. Tantalus tried to eat some food, but he epically failed. The food just skidded away from him. My brother realized who he was. I beckoned Tyson over to our table. "Oh no, the monster stays here. We must decide what to do with it.

"Mia fratello non è un si. Tyson è un lui. Se si sta solo andando a insultarlo, chiudi il becco!"

"Excuse me?" Tantalus asked. Oops, I switched to Italian again.

"What I meant was 'My brother is not an it. Tyson is a he. If you are just going to insult him, shut your face!" Everyone gasped. Tantalus shut his face. Percy and I walked to the Poseidon table but not before Percy gave Tyson a high five and I kissed his cheek.

"Now," said Tantalus. "The Jackson twins and Annabeth Chase have seen fit, for some reason, to bring this here." Tantalus waved a hand toward Tyson. I was about to rise to the bait, but Percy pulled me back down. Tantalus began insulting Tyson without doing so outright. Very Slytherin of him.

I heard a voice in my head. Please look after your brothers, Christina. It was my father. The space above Tyson's head began to glow and form a trident. I grinned at my half-brother and beckoned him over. He smiled and walked towards me, sitting down. The camp laughed at my brother and I, but I just rolled my eyes at them and hugged Tyson. Tantalus laughed and said that Tyson would be staying with us.

A few days later at the camp fire, Percy told Tantalus of the coordinates in the Sea of Monsters he had received from the Grey Sisters. I groaned. Here we go again. The Golden Fleece was at this location, and it was the only thing that could save Thalia's Pine. Tantalus issued a quest to Clarisse who went up to the attic to get her prophecy.

You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone,

You shall find what you seek and make it your own,

But despair for your life entombed within stone,

And fail without friends, to fly home alone.

When Tyson fell asleep, I looked over at my twin. He was still awake. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out to the beach. We sat curled up together with a six-pack of Coca-cola and our toes in the water. We filled each other in on what had happened since we last saw each other. He berated me for not being more careful and I reprimanded him for not always having Riptide on him.

Shortly thereafter, we were joined by a man in a jogging suit. He asked if he could join us and we said yes. After a little while, I realized this man was a god and quickly stood up, bowing. Percy followed my lead. The man laughed and waved us back down. He introduced himself as Hermes and then brought out his caduceus. There were two snakes on it named George and Martha. George asked me for a rat. I called SKittles through our mental bond and asked her to bring one. She was very confused but complied to my request.

"What is your favorite constellation?" Hermes asked us. My brother said Heracles, but I had to think about it. I thought back to the only two ancient demigods I admired, Theseus and Perseus.

"I like Perseus because he was one of the few demigods of ancient times that wasn't a pig and treated women fairly. He also didn't fight for honor or glory, he fought to keep his family safe. I also like Centaurus because it represents Chiron and I have come to think of Chiron as my surrogate father." Lord Hermes nodded his head in understanding and then gave us these vitamin pills and a canteen that held the four winds. Hey waved us goodbye after he told us to take the Princess Andromeda. Didn't Andromeda married Perseus in the myths? Argh! Stupid ADHD! Concentrate!