"That was amazing," I said softly as Morgan finished off the piece. "How did you learn to play like that?"

"Years of practice," Morgan sighed happily. He ran his hand down the side of the flute before carefully taking it apart and putting it back in its case meticulously. My eyes flickered to the guitar case, and Morgan must have seen because he asked, "Do you want to see it?" I nodded eagerly, and Morgan flashed me a grin before bending over and undoing the latches.

He pulled the guitar out and put the strap over his head. "Sparkles," he said, "This is my first guitar. I've had it for quite a while now." He stroked his left hand up the neck almost lovingly. "Whenever I can't deal with people, which is quite a bit sadly, I turn to music. I love it so much."

"Can you play something?" I asked eagerly.

"Of course," he replied. He grabbed a sky blue pick from inside the case and began strumming.

And though I never got her name
Or time to find out anything
I loved her just the same
And though I rode a different road
And sang a different song
I'll love her till my last breath's gone
Like a river made of silver
Everyone came running to the scene
I was shot down in cold blood
By an angel in blue jeans

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh

Late that night she got away
I chased her to the turnpike
Then lost her where the music never plays
And though I rolled upon the stones
And fell into the water
I'll love her till my judgment day
Like a sunrise made of white lies
Everything was nothing as it seems
I was shot down in cold blood
By an angel in blue jeans

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh

I hear voices calling all around
I keep falling down
I think my heart could pound right out of me
I see a million different ways
To never leave this maze alive

I woke up in somebody's arms
Strange and so familiar
Where nothing could go wrong
Barely alive or nearly dead
Somehow awake in my own bed
And there you are
Like a highway headed my way
Life is but a dream
I was shot down by your love
My angel in blue jeans

Whoa oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

"How was that?" Morgan asked, putting his guitar away as he spoke.

"Really good," I said excitedly. "Is there anything you can't do?" Morgan laughed loudly.

"There's quite a bit I can't do." His voice sounded pained, like he was reliving bad memories. The sour mood only lasted a minute before his smile was back though. "Hey Sparkles, let's go out to lunch together!"

Morgan pulled me along through the streets of New York, "Where's your place, I want to ask your mom for permission before taking you out." Uh oh, Mom's at work,
but I'm definitely not asking Gabe.

"Um, my mom's not home, she's working, but I can take you there."

"Sounds good to me," Morgan grinned. He never seemed to stop smiling. "C'mon, let's go!" I laughed and pulled him along to Grand Central Station, where my mom worked at the candy shop, Sweets on America.

"Mom!" I called when I got into the shop with Morgan trailing behind me. She smiled and waved me over, sending a confused glance at Morgan, who was still letting me drag him behind me.

"Hello Nina," she said cheerfully. "Whose your friend?" Morgan leaned in close to Mom and began to whisper. I couldn't quite hear what it s he was saying, but my mom smiled after he pulled away. "You can spend the rest of the day with her, dear. I just need her back by five for dinner."

"Of course Ms. Jackson," Morgan smiled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down a few flights of stairs into the actual subway station. I didn't get a chance to say a word before he had me on a subway and in his lap on a seat.

"Um, Morgan? Where are we going?" I asked a little nervously. There were a bunch of strange people around, and I suddenly realized I had only known Morgan for a few days. But Mom trusted him, so he couldn't be about to kidnap me, right?

"A really great pizzeria in Hoboken," was his reply. Then, the train stopped and he pulled me off, stringing the guitar on his back with my flute in his right hand, and my hand in his left. "You'll love it I promise."

After a few turns we turned into a pizzeria just like he said. "Welcome to the best pizzeria in Hoboken, Sparkles." I smiled up at him and let him lead me into the restaurant. We were seated almost immediately, and we each ordered a slice of pizza and a soda.

"So, Sparkles, tell me about yourself," Morgan prompted.

"What do you want to know because there isn't much to me." When he just shrugged I continued. "My full name is Antonina Asteria Jackson. I'm eight. I was born August 18,1990. my favorite color is purple, but I really love blue too. I love learning and playing music, my favorite instrument is the acoustic guitar because it sounds the nicest. I love alternative music. My brother's name is Perseus Theseus Jackson. I live with my mom, brother, and step-dad, but I absolutely hate him." I took a deep breath,"Now what about you?"

"Wow, okay, I have a twin sister named Diane. My mom's name is Leto. My father hates me. I love anything to do with literature. I love the sun and everything to do with it. I visit my uncle's beach house all the time. I took up archery when I was younger, and I hate violence but will beat you up if you hurt my family, my father not included in that."

"I think we'll be best friends," I said eagerly. Morgan wrapped his arms around me in a giant hug.