Part One Hundred and Two: Life Goes On

"Wife- what are you doing up?" I ask Cora as she crosses the kitchen, and I can't help but smile, being able to call her that. She looks up at me.

"What does it look like? Daniel?" She says with a yawn and a smile, as she goes back to the fridge.

"It's four thirty in the morning. You went to sleep three hours ago-"

"The girls will be up soon, and Dylan always gets up early. The scouts will come piling in, and then I'll be behind. I cook now, so I can sleep later."

"Then let me help," I say as I go around the counter and start the coffee maker. She comes up to me, and nods as I grab her head in my hands and kiss her forehead. "Okay, I'll try not to mess up, you try not to stress yourself out." I say and she nods again.

"Alright, just make something, doesn't matter, they scarf through a buffet anyway." She says as she walks away. "The twins- Rose and Vi, I mean, they're not aging quickly, but they eat just as much as Lavender, and even Chandler is starting to eat whole foods... Someday- soon- we're going to clear the grocers out." She laughs as she works and speaks, and it's so comforting to see her that way. Just happy.

"We should help the girls with their garden,"'I say, "I think we should grow more of our own food."

"We don't exactly have time for gardening." She says, as she gives me a confused look. I shrug.

"Life goes on, right-"

"Did Owen talk to you?" She asks as she scrunched her eyebrows at me, and puts her hand on her stomach- which she's starting to do whenever she's angry, or upset. I chuckle, because she seems so worked up, but I have no idea what she's so upset about. "You did-"

"I assure you, I didn't," I say as I begin helping her. "What does Owen have to do with gardening?" I ask. She watches me, but I can sense she doesn't believe me a bit, "I swear I don't know what you're talking about, Cora," I promise, as her face remains stern, and unbelieving.

"Fine..."

"What did he say?" I ask her as I put the pans I need out on the counter. She watches me as I go to the fridge, and I mirror her look at me, and she cracks. She rolls her eyes as she smiles.

"Nothing." She says quickly.

"No," I point at her as I walk back across the room as I chuckle, "what did he say." I repeat, and she looks flustered, but I see her cracking, the more I look up at her.

"Everyone's gonna have kids again, soon. First it was just Owen and Frea, because Sam and Alice wanted a child- but now Dylan's got Winny excited about it... They still haven't talked to Leon and Heather, but I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to... They just want your blessing- our blessing- I guess." She says, as she looks down at her cooking, and her face begins to glow red with embarrassment. "I thought Owen talked to you about it."

"No," I chuckle, as my head begins to spin. I clear my throat, "I mean- we still haven't even had the babies yet," I say as I look across the kitchen at her stomach. Her hand goes right back on top of it.

"That's what I said," she replies as she shrugs with another soft chuckle, "they've all just got that pack mentality- they're going crazy- because everything that's happening-"

"You know what? Let's do it. We'll be the first," I say, even though I haven't quite thought it all the way through, "I always wanted a big family." I add, because the more I think about it the better it sounds. Thinking about everything- the danger- all the time, it only makes me want that safety of a big family even more. It makes me want to cling to my family, even tighter, and I can see why everyone else wants more of that.