Part One Hundred: Run Together

"Do you think they'll be mad..." Cora asks as she touches my chest with her warm hand. I kiss the top of her hair, and smile.

"I don't care," I sigh and kiss her forehead when she looks up at me. I rub her back as she snuggles closer to me in the small space of the back of the station wagon- made only smaller by her round stomach, that I can't stop touching. I grab her hip and rub her stomach for the millionth time.

"It's our wedding, and we've been gone for two hours-"

"Cora," I look at her perplexed face, and when I smile she squints her eyes at me, "I am a young Alpha, with a gorgeous, pregnant, sexy wife, do you think they won't understand my hunger for you?" I say, and her face grows red as her fake glare is replaced by a soft will to hold back. I could see what she wanted in her eyes.

"I do think they know. That's the problem." She teases me. I sigh and kiss her face again.

"If you want to go back, we should." I say as I move to sit up, but she stops me.

"Danny..." She doesn't seem right, suddenly.

"Yeah?" I ask as I touch her face. She shakes her head, and then looks at me again. "What is it?"

"I just... I got this bad feeling... I do want to go home" She says. I kiss her lips as I nod.

"Anything you want, anything, don't worry, alright?" I say, as I put my shirt around her, and she slides her arms through the sleeves. She starts buttoning it, and I get out, and hold the door open for her.

When she gets out of the car she looks up at the trees, and I just wish I could read her mind all of the time. I want to know what beautiful things she thinks of, or what fears I could help her conquer, what she sees in me. "Danny..."

"Yeah?" I say as I look back at her, and she smiles.

"This is the spot," she says, as the memories flood both of our minds.

"-Yeah. I know." I say with a chuckle. She looks down at her stomach, and rubs it. She kisses my lips, and walks around the car, and opens her door before I can, and gets in without another word. When I drive away she watches the trees, and I glance over to watch her smile as the sunset casts warm glows over her face, in shades of orange and pink.

"I love you Coralie Snow."

"I love you too..." She says, as she looks back at me, and I reach across the car to put my hand on her stomach. I look back at the road as she places her hand over mine.

"Run with me tonight..." I say as a car passes us by, their headlights on. We didn't have much time until the sun was gone.

"What?" She says with a sprite laugh.

"Run with me, I'll tell the pack to stay close to the house, and we'll go running, just us. And our forest," I elaborate, feeling the need to be close to her in every form. I wanted to chase her flame until it glowed bright.

"Okay..." She says, brushing the stray strands of hair, that blow about her face from the gushes of air coming in through the windows. She shakes her head, and smiles as she looks away, too shy to watch me now.

I glance at her, and I know each time I do that it's being burned into my memory, her face, my feelings for her- they were so overwhelming, and I wanted this moment to last, forever.

------------------------------------------------------------

When we get back home I'm surprised by how much energy she seems to have. Any bad feelings that were on her mind seemed to have disappeared when she saw how happy her family was, because of her return. I'm still not sure if it's her being Luna, or just who she is, that makes people feel so good around her. I'm almost certain she was just born that way.

We get changed, and when we get back to the party she begins feeling more relaxed, and gets caught up in dancing with the others around the bonfire. I stand and watch in adoration. Adoration for the charming woman I get to call my own. For the beautiful life she had created around her.

"You know- I'm so happy for you guys." Owen says as he stands beside me, Durst walking up beside him. "I'm so happy," he repeats himself, and I can tell he's a bit hammered, and Durst just shakes his head at him, and looks at me nervously.

"I told him to slow down," Durst says, seemingly not on the same level as Owen.

"What," Owen shrugs as he takes another drink of his beer, "it's a wedding! Danny should have another!" He cheers.

"No, I, I have other priorities tonight..." I say with another shrug. "Why don't you and Durst have another for more instead."

"Alright-

"Oh, no, I'm good." Durst says as he shakes his head. I look at him for a moment, but he doesn't waver, even when I take a drink of my own beer.

"Well, my sister just got married, I'm gonna have another beer, and find my own wife." Owen says as he looks across the crowd. "There she is. Here, hold this, I'm gonna go rough her up." He jokes as he hands Durst his beer, and takes off towards Frea. When they meet up he begins dancing through the crowd with them, their baby in tow, and it feels so good to see. Just another reminder why I love being Alpha for all of them.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, Sir?" Durst asks, suddenly, and I look at him with a bit of scrutiny.

"Of course," I nod, as I walk over to a table under a tree with less people at it. I set Owen's beer down, and we stand beside the table, looking back at the party again.

"I wanted to thank you, for letting me be a part of all of this, it means a lot to me," he starts.

"Well, I knew how much it would mean to Cora. You're her best friend." I say, as I glance over to him again. I try to remember that even those relationship are an important part of our pack- the relationships he has with all of us, his friendship.

"We're a pack, Sir. We're all each other have. That's all that matters to me," he says, and I know he's grateful that he's got some normalcy in all of this.

"Durst, I trust you... And I think... I think you should come back to scouting until this whole thing with the rogues is over- come running with us. I still think you should stay away from Lavender, but if you'd like to protect her, and the family at night, then I give you permission."

"Thank you, Sir. I appreciate that. I really think I can help," he says, his face lighting up. Durst lives for his work, and I can see the relief it brings him. "I know you don't want to hear it- but Lavender means so much to me, and I just want her to be safe; I want to help as much as I can."

"I know, Durst. It doesn't bother me as much, anymore. I don't like it, but... Marrying Cora today, right here where I met her, it reminds me how lost I felt. Even with a new family. Lavender needs you the way I needed Cora. She needs someone who loves her irrevocably, because she isn't sure she has that with the rest of us, not yet. So if you're that for her, then I'll try my hardest to be cool about it," I say, as I catch Lavender running through the party with her new friend, and a group of kids Kaylee's age.

"You know, you'll need all the help you can get, Sir. Cora's gonna have those pups any day." Durst says with a chuckle as we see her running around the bonfire in a big circle with some of the older children. Lucy, and Alice, and Winny with the baby. I couldn't help but feel the pride swell in my chest, at the beautiful sight of my family, and their love, and their happiness, things I never thought I'd have.

"I will need the help," I agree, "that's why we need you, and the others, and we need to enjoy these moments," I say as he pats my shoulder. "We've come a long way..."

"Tell me about it, man- I remember running laps with you under Brian's guidance. Now we're the older wolves, and it happened so fucking fast."

"We just have to enjoy it while it lasts," I say with a nod, "Soon Lavender and her friends will be scouting, and we'll all be elders," I laugh.

"I already feel like I am. I really do sometimes," He laughs, "In fact, I think this old man needs a beer after all, what do you say?"

"Sure, I could use a fresh one," I nod, "and then I'm gonna dance with my wife."