Part Twenty-Five: Promise You'll Stay

"I should kill him!" Danny growled as he paced my room. He had placed me gently on my bed when he had made it to my room (I was surprised my dad hadn't changed a thing). I had to tell him at least a hundred times, in the past minute, that I didn't want him to go after Wyatt; but his wolf kept his need for vengeance boiling over.

"Danny please- I swear I never want to see him again- please calm down. Owen took care of him-"

"But I didn't. Do you know how hard it was for me not to tear that weak human limb from limb?!" He asked, his fists clenching and shaking at his sides. I knew he was worked up, his wolf must be howling for blood, but I couldn't take anymore violence.

"Danny I chose to stay- he reacted terribly, but it's over." I cried. He sighed and sat beside me on the edge of the bed. He brushed a piece of hair behind my ear and rubbed my scalp, causing me to finally quiet my cries, and sigh in relief. He still looked furious, but he was holding it back so well. He really was more mature than his birth age led on. Not just in the face and body, but mentally it seemed as well.

"Do you promise you'll stay? If you go back to him- I can't- I- I'll tear him to pieces- I swear to god..." He growled again as he looked out and past the window, and I could tell he was imaging it now. I winced as I sat up.

"Don't move too much." He said quickly and firmly. He helped me up, scooting closer and propping my back up with a pillow. His face was still filled with hatred, his eyes still distant as he imagined Wyatt's demise by his hands, and I knew my reactions to the pain only made it worse. He growled and looked down. "He hurt you Coralie, I can't just sit here..." He seethed. I tried to figure out how to put words together to calm him, but I couldn't. So I did what my wolf told me to do.

I leaned over and pressed my lips to his. In his shock he froze. He didn't react. And then, like his brain had rebooted from pure malice to pure aching longing love, he kissed me back, touched my hair softly as his hand rose to cup my face. He pulled me in closer. I had never expected to do this so suddenly, but my wolf had screamed for it, for me to silence his anger with the only thing greater. Love- lust- whatever this was.

It felt like the world was imploding and exploding all at once. Like nothing but him and this kiss existed. His lips held so much passion and craving for me. He deepened it by leaning his head as our lips separted for only a moment, then he continued to kiss me with such care... I felt like I was reborn by it. Like no other kiss or sharing of emotions had ever existed before him. Before this. Our first real kiss.

He tore away as he panted, as if he was using all his strength to not push the kiss further, to kiss me the way he really wanted to. The way my wolf screamed for him to.

"F*ck..." He gasped as he drew in a long breath, his hand letting go of my face.

"Danny- I-"

"Cora!" My dad burst through the door. For a brief moment I definitely saw Danny's teenager side by the way he reacted, stumbling to sit away from me in shock and then standing instantly, quickly at attention to the Alpha.

"Sir." Danny said with a nod, with a nervous clearing of his throat. He looked from my dad and then to Frea behind him, who giggled behind her hand as she covered her mouth.

"Are you okay!?" My dad asked urgently as he crouched by my side- obviously unaware of the situation that Frea had seen clearly, or just too concerned for my well being to care.

"Yeah dad, I'm okay." I said with a weary tired smile. The pain in my side hadn't subsided at all, and I swear I could feel the bruise forming.

"What happened?" My dad asked as he stood up and looked to Danny for answers.

"Coralie has decided to stay Sir." He said, and he couldn't help but smile proudly, before regaining his silent strong obedience. "She told Wyatt and he... He hurt Coralie- I wanted to kill him sir- but Owen and Cora stopped me. Owen beat him to a pulp and Coralie asked me to take her away from it. So I did... Sir" He nodded when he finished, his arms still behind his back, the ever obedient recruit.