Part One Hundred and Five: Back Up

"Durst, wake up!" I shake him again and he sits up quickly, looking at me in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asks urgently.

"Danny's went to attack the rogues, he'll be back soon, we have to be ready." I say, but he's already sitting up and pulling his pants back on from the floor, as I leave the room.

I run to Owen's room, not turning on any lights as I go, just running in the dark. I knock, and then walk in. "What the hell Cora?" Owen exclaims, as him and Frea hold the blanket they're under up to their chins.

"Danny's fighting the rogues- we need to be ready when he comes back."

"Shit! Fucking aye! It's about time! Let's do this!" He says in excitement. I roll my eyes. His rush for possibly deadly experiences has always confused me.

"Just get dressed! We don't have much time!" I say, as I leave the room. When I get back into the hallway I see that Durst has woken Hunter and some of the other younger scouts up. I run to Dylan's room, as Hunter goes to Leon's room to wake him, and Heather, "Winny! Dyl!" I say, as I knock, and open the door, hoping for decently dressed friends. The baby fusses as I come in, so I pick her up, and bounce her lightly as I try to calm her with my Luna vibes, hoping the effects calm her quickly.

"What's going on?" Dylan asks as he stands. "Where's Danny?" He asks, and I know he can't feel him anymore either.

"He's leading the rogues here- we all need to be ready- go wake up Sam, talk to Durst- I have to go get the girls." I say as I hand Chan to a tired looking Winny, but she shakes her head.

"No, no, bring her to Brian, I need to help, Durst will be protecting the girls, so I know she'll be safer with them. It's my turn to help." She says, and I nod, and take Chan back. Winny kisses her forehead with tears streaming down her cheeks, and I give her a moment. "You'll be alright Chandler." She says.

Dylan walks over to us, and kisses Chan's cheeks. "Be a good girl for your Daddy, alright." He tells her, and she smiles back at him, still much too young to even realize there's something wrong.

"She'll be safe, promise." I say as I touch his shoulder, and he smiles.

"I know, even if you weren't trying to help me feel that way, I would know it Sis. We're gonna be alright." He hugs me. "My brother will take care of this, I know it, because I know how crazy he is about you- and about our whole family. Me and Winny are going to protect you with our lives- and he's going to do the same for us." He kisses Chan one more time. "Now go, I'll get Lucy and we'll send her over." He says, and I nod.

"I'll be back." I say, as I leave, going back down the hall, and into the living room where people were talking so loudly. Feeling so much.

"Cora! Take Chey for me, Dad went over there to check on the girls-"

"Here," I put her on my other hip, because she's sleeping, and Chan doesn't fuss, "give her a kiss." I tell my brother, but he half shakes his head.

"I'll see her in a few hours." He says, his riled up nature not settling for a moment. He's always been so passionate, and outgoing, and it always makes me feel so hesitant about his strength, and how much he trusts it so blindly.

"Just do it, for my sake." I groan, and he shrugs, and kisses her cheek, and then her forehead.

"See you soon baby girl, Daddy's got some rogues to kill, be good for Grandpa, little scout-" He says, and then he kisses my cheek, "- and tell your aunt to stop worrying about me." He chuckles, as I roll my eyes, and walk away. "Love you Cheyenne!" He calls, as he stops people from talking to me, by coming between us, and speaking louder than they're calling my name. I have to get to the other house, soon.

HER Young Mate (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें