Part Ninety-Four: One Hundred and Twenty

"I want to know where you come from, how many of you there are, every detail about those people, and anything else you know." Danny says as he points down at the map between him and Lucy. She gulps visibly and nods.

"Danny, she's just a kid-"

"A kid who knows secrets that can save all of our lives- Alice- including her own. Her answering these questions proves she wants to be part of the pack- and if she didn't want to be part of the pack then she wouldn't have come here." Danny says firmly. I can see both of their sides, and I know everyone's on edge, but he can't be too hard on the girl. I touch his arm and he sighs as he rests his chin on his hand and crosses his arms. "Look, I'm sorry Lucy, I'm sorry I'm being stern..."

He leans down to her level a bit, and puts his hands on the table as he lowers his voice considerably.

"...But a long time ago people like these rogues, they took my family from me, and I can't let it happen again. You're part of our family now, so that means you, too. That means I'm going to be tough enough on you, but only because I love my family, and I want to see all of you grow into strong people, and I want to keep you safe. Safe from things that these people do, things they've already done to your parents... So please... Tell me what I need to know to keep us safe, okay?"

We're all silent, and I see Sam growing worried for Lucy, and his mate, and then he glances at me and I see his frustration.

"Yes, Alpha." Lucy says as she confidently pushes back her fear, and looks him back in the eyes without a blink. Her finger juts out and slams down on the map. "Here." She looks down at her finger, and we see the mountain range underneath it as she lifts it.

"From the south?" He asks, slightly confused at the new insight, and yet proud of her telling us.

She nods, and gulps again.

"Near the desert. We move, and I ride with them at night, usually a younger she wolf would come back for me, and take me to camps they set up here," she points as she crosses the map, getting closer and closer to our home,

"here,"
One in the valley.

" here,"
One near the farmlands.

"here..."
She squints at the map and points near the central coast.

"here..." A valley to the east, close to Rowan's pack.

"And here." The last one she points to is just outside our forest. "They were taking me towards the one in the east- that's when I jumped off of Fallon's back, and ran here." She moves her finger to indicate her path.

"So they'll be in the East?" Danny asks. She shakes her head.

"No, they either circled back to the camp below you, or home. When a deal goes wrong they regroup." She says. "And the deal- meant for me- went wrong." She shrugs her shoulders. "They wouldn't have moved forward to the east."

"How many are there?" He asks.

"A hundred and twenty, give or take, I mean there were more, but between your pack and Rowan's, there's been less... They are always taking new people in, though-"

"A hundred and twenty?" Danny sits down as he laughs, bordering on hysteria. He looks past the girl and up at Sam. "A hundred and twenty, give or take, that's what this little girl just said Sam-"

"We're strong, Danny-"

"A hundred and twenty- Alice-," Danny puts his hands on the table and looks up at her and chuckles again, "A hundred and twenty. That's a one to twelve ratio, no matter how strong we are... Someone's going to die. And it might be all of us, Alice-"