Part Forty-Seven: Forgiveness

Coralie's POV:

Some people say that when something seems difficult that time seems to go slower. For myself it seemed the opposite. Danny told me about plans for building a new home for our closest friends and family to live in, and it seemed that plan was coming to fruition quickly. In two weeks the foundation, walls, and windows were already up. Every day seemed to whiz by. I slept most of the time, because of my medications, and they made time seem to disappear. My life had become a blur of sleeping, daily therapy that would drain me emotionally yet somehow make me feel better, turning into my wolf only to sleep through the night, and just trying to make it through each day. In fact, the last two weeks, I had hardly gotten to spend time with Danny other than when we slept. He always insisted on staying with me, but I always told him to take care of business, and the pack first; my wolf was feeling more and more like the Luna each day and she wanted nothing more than for Danny to make sure the pack was well taken care of. Besides, between the construction, training Dylan, and catching up with his sisters, he barely had time to sit around, even with me. I wasn't upset about it though, he needed to do what he needs to do as Alpha. And I had to focus on recovery for myself, as the future Luna. My only disappointment was that Danny and I hadn't been able to communicate again through our minds, and I just prayed we weren't losing our closeness from being so busy. It was okay though, I just focused my attention on bettering my mind, and getting plenty of food and as much exercise as I could; I had gained back half of the weight I had lost and barely felt sore. Most of my visible bruising was gone except a few, deep, persistent ones that were in their last phases of being yellow.

When I woke from my after therapy nap- though- my wolf was crying and howling for Danny. I felt more energized than I had since my return, so I decided to try and be more active today. I got up and brushed my bangs, but left my hair in my long messy fishtail braid. I tossed my pajamas off and put on a dress, despite the air being crisp. The cold embrace actually felt good against my warm skin. I brushed my teeth and slipped on my canvas shoes, and headed out my bedroom door. We were staying in my room for now, and Danny had moved his stuff in a few days after my return, allowing his sisters to have his room so the other scouts could take the remaining guest rooms.

I walked down the stairs quickly, but minding myself, knowing the medications I still had to take made me dizzy from time to time. When I arrived downstairs I wasn't surprised that Danny's sisters were in the kitchen cooking. No matter how many times we told them they didn't have to do the chores and cooking around here, they insisted. It was good for them though, it seemed; the way I had to ween myself from the drugs seems similar to the way they had to ween themselves from the way things used to be for them. On top of that, I knew it would make them responsible mature women in the future. We had only had a few good conversations since their arrival, but we were already very close, and they had shared some of their experiences living at Wade's home; which somehow helped me get over everything even more. Knowing that nothing like what happened to me had happened to them put so much relief in my heart; knowing that somehow that the twisted fate I had been dealt had led them back to my mate- well it put ease on me. I knew that no matter how horrible it all was... It brought them to our home and back into Danny's life.

"Cora!" Rose cheered as she saw me approach the kitchen. She ran up to me and hugged me. "Do you want something to eat? Everyone should be coming in for lunch soon." She said as she smiled up at me. I chuckled as I ruffled her hair.

"No thank you." I chuckled again as she ran back to stir the soup she was making. "I was just going to see Danny..." I trailed off.

"Oh- yeah- he told us to send you out if you woke up before lunch." Lavender said with a red tint to her cheeks. "He said to make sure you grab a snack though." She said as she handed me a ziplock baggy of grapes. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.