Part Forty-One: The Alpha Returns

"Dad!" I cried as my eyes met his face, it seemed he had lost the eye that had been clawed at when Wade first attacked and took me- but the eye he had left was shinning with relief. "Go girls! Go!" I said as I stumbled behind Danny's sisters and ran up to him.

"Let's go little cub." He smiled down at me. I nodded and threw my arms around him as I cried. He hugged me with his one arm. I felt so much relief, like a child again, in the embrace of my father, who was always there for me. There is no feeling like the feeling of relief of being in the comforting hug of a parent.

"Who are these girls?" He asked as he looked behind me.

"They're Danny's sisters!" I cried as I held him. "We have to take them with us-"

"Of course we will!" My dad said quickly. "Each of you grab one, If someone comes they can run and you can fight, but for now carry them!" My dad ordered. I watched Lavender run into Dursts arms, as Alice picked up Violet, and Frea lifted up Rose.

My head swam as my dad wrapped his remaining arm around me to help me run across the grass into the tree line.

"Quickly now Cora, his men will be here any minute. I should have known you'd escape before we could rescue you," he chuckled darkly as he spoke. "-but there will be men coming to check all the exits soon. They'll notice the broken doors-"

"So that was your plan? Distract them and sneak in through the back? That's a horrible plan dad!" I said. "Wait- why are you here? I thought you were talking to Wade." I said. I noticed Frea give me a worried expression as she pet Roses hair, who was crying into her shoulder in relief as the house became further and further away.

"Dad- it's Owen isn't it?!" I asked quickly. It would make sense, without his other arm my dad would have a hard time running as his wolf, let alone leading the pack. He sighed. My head spun. What if my brother dies? He's only human till nightfall, if they capture him he'll be killed, or drugged, he'll be held prisoner. I can't let him end up with the same fate as me for the sake of my life, I can't let him take my place, I'd rather die.

"No- he's still Beta..." My dad sighed, lugging me beside him. I realised I was slowing him down, Alice and Durst were much further ahead of us, and Frea only stayed in the middle to keep the distance between us all smaller. Ahead of us I could see the truck that was waiting, with Dylan in the drivers seat waving for us to hurry. I heard him shout 'hurry, run!' as I stumbled and my head spun. My dad hiked me back up and I fought to keep running.

"Who then?" I asked, relief washing over me, maybe it was someone I didn't know, an elder-

"Danny's Alpha now, Cora." My dad said quickly, clearing his throat. My head swam and I fell to my knees, my vision going black and fuzzy. "Durst! Help me!" My dad shouted down the dark tunnel of my mind.

Danny's... Danny's alpha... He's the one who is facing Wade right now?

No! I won't let him put himself in harms way- I can't...

My vision cut out as I was being lifted.

Everything went black for what felt simultaneously like an eternity and a blink of an eye.

"She'll be okay!" Alice's voice yelled over the sound of the truck.

"I'm gonna be sick!" I cried as I felt the moving of the truck below me. I felt my upper body being lifted and I barfed over the edge of the truck as my vision came back in flashes. The sight of the forest floor below the truck caused me to heave again. Then there was blackness again.

"Stay with us Cora... Stay with us!" Frea's voice yelled down the tunnel. I blinked and could see her face glowing like a star above me, and the trees above her whizzed by. She looked like an angel.