Part Forty-Six: Plans

Danny's POV:

When Coralie and I had finished eating she told me she wanted to sleep, and that the medicine was taking affect. I tried to insist staying with her, but when she told me I should address everyone else I knew she was right. I left her unwillingly as she drifted off to sleep, and made my way down stairs.

I was greeted by an extremely full kitchen, everyone else having showed up from their runs, laughing and talking in their loud voices.

"Morning Alpha!" Alice waved, and everyone else cheered in to greet me again. I still wasn't quite used to all of the attention, so I waved quickly.

"Good morning everyone." I nodded as I sat on the counter next to where my sister Lavender was making cups of coffee.

"Here brother." She beamed up at me as she handed me a cup of the black gold. "Do you take cream or sugar?" She asked. I shook my head as I took a sip.

"No, this is great, thank you." I beamed at her. She nodded and bowed as she went to pass out the rest of the cups.

"Quiet the chaos, huh?" Brian laughed as he grabbed a cup and leaned on the island across from me. I nodded as I looked around the room at the loud commotion.

"We're definitely growing in numbers, despite our loses..." I said, I sighed with the last part. I may not have known the four men we lost last night well, but they were part of our pack, and my wolf mourned the loss. Especially because it meant we were weakened, even if it was a small loss, and my mind started turning with ways to make up for it.

"Yes, we are. The plans for the ceremony tonight are finished, the rest of the pack didn't want you to worry you too much about it, so I accepted their help and we figured everything out yesterday." He said.

"Thank you." I sighed, I knew I had slacked on being alpha yesterday, but today I had to come back to my responsibilities.

"Don't worry, there is much you need to learn, being a great leader doesn't happen over night... But the way the pack feels for you is something even I couldn't accomplish for a long time." He said with pride on his face. "In fact, we've been getting so much help and donations the past two days that we'll have to start telling people to stop." He chuckled.

"Actually, I was thinking about what to do with the increased donations from the past few months." I said as I nodded.

"Let's go outside and talk about it?" He suggested. I looked around the busy kitchen and past him to the busy living room, and noticing how many people were around and with how loud it was, I agreed with a nod. As if on que the front door bell rang with more people showing up, likely to pay respects or drop off food or supplies for the household.

"That sounds like a good idea." I said as I lead the way out of the kitchen and out to the porch. We sat at the table, him across from myself, and he took a drink of his coffee before he spoke. Despite being Alpha I still see him as a father figure, and an elder, and allowed him to address me.

"So what is this plan of yours?" He asked as he leaned back in his chair.

"Well, as we grow, I realize that it is making us more of a target, and I want us to all work towards being an even closer pack than we are, I want to avoid feeling like we are spread thin. So I was thinking of putting our extra money towards building a new cabin on the property. I believe if we can live close together we can function better, our ancestors were tribes, and tribes live together.... I know for some of the others the idea might be off putting, especially the couples, but I believe the resources we receive from the lower wolves in our pack will go further if all of the scouts benefit from the wealth." I said nervously, but with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. I know I might be met with disapproval for this plan, but it seemed like a good idea. It seemed right. With all of the growth we've been having the monthly donations the other pack members make to keep the scouts from having to work exceeds how much we spend. I want us to have a strong home base, with all of the upper class scouts benefiting from it.

"Actually- I think that's a great idea!" He rejoiced.

"Really?!" My wolf swelled up inside with pride.

"Of course! You cannot doubt yourself so much. Have confidence in your decisions." He chuckled. I nodded.

"I'm working on that." I chuckled back.

"Who would all be moving in? How big of a place are we talking?" He asked, he had a background in construction- he had built this cabin after all- so I knew his mind was turning with ideas. And I was glad, I would have many other things to worry about, and it would help if he could co-manage this project.

"For now I'd like to have Sam, Alice, Durst, Frea, Owen, and my brother Dylan living there. With at least ten rooms, so we have room to grow, and so they all have room for their families to grow."

"Are you still considering making your brother a scout?"

"Yes, he has the potential, he just needs to commit to the idea. He's still young." I said with a nod. It felt odd speaking about Dylan like that, considering just a while ago I was younger than him, but that was the reality of it.

"Well then, may I offer a proposition?"

"Of course."

"I'd like to live in the new lodge. I could keep things running, and in order, alongside Owen of course. You are the man of this house now, and I find it only suiting if you and Coralie, as the leaders of our pack, get this house and the main suite for yourself. Then there will be plenty of room for your sisters to have their own spaces, and for you two to grow as a family as well- when the time is right." He said with certainty.

"Brian- I couldn't- you built this home-"

"Yes- I did- for my mate and myself- but she is no longer here, and I want everyone to know I see you as the Alpha now." He spoke firmly. I couldn't help but smile.

"All right. Then we have a plan." I nodded.

"Yes, we do. When would you like to get started?"

"As soon as possible." I sipped my coffee. "In fact, I think I want to mention it to everyone now." I nodded, having grown more confident with my decision now that I knew he backed me up. He agreed and we went into the house. When I walked in the house had a few guests- Sam's brother, my foster parents, a few older women dropping off baked goods- but they all stopped as they sensed me enter with something important on my mind.

"Everyone, I would like to make an announcement. Due to our influx of donations and contributions I have decided to put the acquired money into a new project. I would like to start and complete it as soon as possible." I began as they all listened in intently, waiting for me to continue. "As you can tell we are growing in numbers. And the only way we can remain a strong pack is to keep us just as close as we have always been, if not closer. Brian will be leading a group I will allow him to put together, and they will be building a new home on our property, for all of the current and future scouts to live in." I said. I was shocked when there were a few claps and cheers. Even more so when I saw Owen beam with happiness. "Durst, Alice, Sam, Owen, Frea- I would like you to all have a place in this new home, there will be room for your families to grow, Brian will be joining you, but of course as Beta Owen will have final say in what goes on and the maintenance of it when I am not present. Also, Dylan will be joining you, as our newest scout in training." I looked to his shocked face, and the proud worried expression of our mom, and looked at him sternly.

"Me?" He gulped. I nodded.

"If you want the position, I insist it is yours." I said. He stood up and bowed his head as our dad hugged our mom, a proud look on his face.

"I would be honored beyond measure." He said nervously, but with strength. I nodded and he sat back down. We would have a lot of work to do, but that would be addressed later.

"Good. Now: the project will start as soon as possible, and I would like all of us to participate. Are there any concerns or questions?" I asked. My sister Rose's tiny hand shot up.

"Where will my sisters stay?" She asked. I chuckled.

"You and our sisters will be staying here with Coralie and myself." I announced. My heart swelled as the three of them beamed at me with joy. "Anyone else?" I asked as I looked over the group. No one had an objection or question, so I nodded. "Good- then let the planning begin."

Authors note: Cody Christian in story pic as Dylan (Danny's adopted brother).