Part Seventy-Eight: All I See Is Her

"Where is he?" Cora asked as she rang her hands over and over. She paced between those of us who have returned from scouting, her worry causing everyone to grow anxious.

"He'll be fine Cora." Owen replied, unsurprisingly making her no less concerned.

"I'll calm down when he returns." She scolds.

"Love, this stress can't be good for the babies-"

"I'll be fine Danny. Hunter may not be. He is like a cub of my own, I am his Luna- if I don't worry who will- Leon! Is he okay?!" She asked him as he approached with Heather.

"Who? Hunter? He's on his way." Leon said, as confused as we were by her worry. She's been feeling very emotional and sensitive towards the others lately.

"See I told you-"

"Owen don't even speak to me until he gets here." Cora said with a warning glare, as she paced again. She walked back and forth only twice before Hunter appeared, jogging from the woods. His face was a bit beaten on his brow, and his upper lip was cut, but he seemed fine. "Hunter!" Cora exclaims as he watches us all confused.

"What's up- hey hey, I'm okay." Hunter laughs, as Cora hugs him and checks his wounds.

"I was so worried, something seemed off, I felt your distress."

"No, no- I'm fine. I caught up with a rogue, but it was just another runt. Most of this damage is because I got a bit carried away. I think they were testing me. Trying to figure out how strong our weaker elements are. Weird thing though, halfway through he picked up tail and ran. Usually they fight till the death. Maybe this one was just scared?" He said as all of us began to calm, even in our confusion- but suddenly Cora's worry spiked back up.

"What's wrong?!" I yell after her as she begins running back towards the forest without a word, her feet like lightening despite her being pregnant, taking her farther and faster than I can manage to keep up with. "Cora!"' I call after her as we all run behind her.

"Durst! DURST!" She cries out, yelling his name through the otherwise calm, dark, forest. I'm confused, but then I feel it too, he's out there and he's changed into his wolf form. I can't quite pinpoint his location, but I feel his presence ahead of us, and we follow Cora as she seems to know where she's headed.

We come into the clearing a mile out from the houses, and we see him across the way. Cora is about to scream out for him, but I cover her mouth and warn the others to step back into the tree line, and stay quiet. Cora calms down and I drop my hand from her mouth. "We need to handle this carefully..." I whisper, trying to see if I could sense anyone other than the four people surrounding Durst.

He's in his wolf form, and the three men and the woman surrounding him have him lassoed around the neck with chains. I could see visible marks where they have cut him, small wounds for torture, not to kill him. They're trying to take him captive.

My blood boiled with the thought. I never want another one of our own to be taken from us and held against their will. Even though Durst should have obeyed me and stayed human, I couldn't assume he didn't have a reason, and I wouldn't let them take him regardless.

"One of them has a gun." Leon said quietly. He was right, on the hip of the eldest man was a revolver. I turned to Cora.

"Cora go home-"

"No! I won't leave you here!" She said quietly and urgently. I sighed, kissed her forehead, and touched her stomach. "Owen take her and Frea home, Heather you too-"

"Not without Hunter-"

"That's an order Heather, and you too Cora-"

"I'm Luna, and I say no." She protested.