Part Fifty-Seven: Work To Do

Coralie's POV:

"Come in guys!" Danny said as he waved in our guests. They took a step in, all of them with different forms of nervous restrain on their faces.

"Hello Sir." Hunter said, and the other two nodded with him.

"Dinner is almost ready, hope you're hungry." I said, as I passed them with a plate of food. We were all walking around, doing or jobs, except Danny, who sat at the head of the table, waiting for their arrival.

"Please, sit down." Danny said as I took my seat next to him.

"Thank you Sir." Heather nodded, taking the seat at the end of the table.

"We are grateful to be here." Leon said, as the others sat down in their places. I plated myself and Danny food, my father came in and greeted everyone, and everyone else began making their plates.

"It is important that I get the business side of this dinner out of the way, so we can begin dinner as a family, and a group." Danny said. I noticed Lavender tense up, and tried to send good feelings her way, hoping she wasn't missing Durst too much- but when he mentioned him she seemed to shrink into her seat. "I've spoken to my beta, my delta, and my Luna, and we've come to a decision. Hunter, your group did very well in the tryouts... you have a lot of work to do... But we are willing to help you. We want you to join us, here, as scouts." Danny said to the three of them. There was a sudden happiness over their faces, pure and uncontrollable, like that of children.

"We would be honored sir!" Hunter said with a bow of his head.

"Thank you Sir." Heather nodded with a bow, her eyes watering.

"We will do our best sir." Leo added, hugging Heather to him briefly.

"Good. We will need you to. You have big shoes to fill, and you'll be working constantly to fill them, but it will make you stronger. Welcome to the family."

"Thank you sir." Hunter said, giving his sister a warm smile.

"The scouts house will be done this weekend, and we want you to move in as soon as possible." Danny informed them as he poured me a drink. "If you have mates they may move in as well. Will there be a problem with that?" He asked them. They shook their heads.

"We'll pack tonight." Hunter said, enthusiastically.

"Good, because training starts tomorrow." Danny nodded. He picked up his drink, and brought it to his lips, watched me for a moment as he drank, and then looked back at everyone else. It was like time slowed when he looked at me, the room stopped, and it was only him for that moment, and then just as suddenly as he stopped time he started it again. He was always doing that. I looked down nervously at my hands while he addressed the room again, certain I knew why he looked at me that way. "Before we all start I want to discuss something else... Coralie and I are going to be married."

"What?!" Owen exclaimed- in an awkwardly high pitch- a grin on his face. Everyone looked at him in shock. There was a long pause, and then everyone broke into laughter after Winny giggled first. "What, can't I be exited?!" He said, his pitch still too high. LYour my sister, and he's my best- my best friend-"

"Are you crying?!" I laughed as I wiped my eyes.

"No! Stop looking at me." He groaned and took a drink of his beer, rubbing his eye with his free hand.