Rage boils inside of me. How dare he call Willow a slut?!

                “Whoa, whoa, Jessie, calm down!” Brian runs over and pulls me back.

                I yank out of his grip and push my way to the doors.

                “Jessie’s in love!” someone yells.

                “Oh I hope it’s me!”

                “No! It’s me!”

                “Loser.”

                “Awe!”

                I run to my car and start the engine. Levi banned me form seeing Willow. It’s not like I couldn’t see her though. I just don’t want to start trouble. But now, he can’t stop me, because he’s in class.

                When I get into the hospital I practically sprint to her room.

                “No running sir!” a nurse shouts at me.

                I ignore her and keep going until I reach Willow’s room.

                I take a moment to gather myself before I walk in.

                Propped up in her bed, Willow’s eyes are closed. She must be sleeping.

                I carefully walk over and sit in the chair next to the bed. I grab her hand, being mindful of the IV, and kiss it.

                She flinches and her eyes shoot open. She looks weak, and tired. Her skin is paler than usual—if that’s possible.

                “Hi,” she blushes bring some color into her face.

                I return the gesture “Hey baby doll.”

                “Why aren’t you at school?”

                I squeeze her hand. “It’s complicated. I just needed to be with you right now.”

                She smiles giddily, “You know, Levi’s going to be pissed if he finds out you’re here.”

                “I don’t care,” I shake my head. “I just want to be here, with you. That’s all that matters to me.”

                “Jessie…” Willow trails off.

                “What is it baby doll?”

                She looks at me sympathetically. “We can’t do this. I mean, I really like you but I can’t risk my friendship with Levi. I care about you both, but…”

                I silence her, “I understand Willow. You’re scared. You’re scared of what Levi might do—to himself. But, we can’t let that get in the way of this.”

                She shakes her head doubted, “I’d like to believe that this could work, but it can’t. We’re from two different worlds. It will ruin your reputation.”

                I look into her eyes and hold it. “I don’t give a damn about my rep. All I care about is you.” Tears start forming in my eyes. Damn, she’s turning me into a softy.

                “Ok,” she says quietly.

                I smile gaily. “How ‘bout next Friday? I’ll take you out.” I glance at her hopefully.

                She debates for a minute. “Alright, but you can’t tell Levi, or anyone for that matter. We have to keep it a secret until we figure things out.”

                I lean forward and bring my lips to hers.

                She cups my face with her cold little hand.

                I break the kiss, “Your hands are freezing!”

                She laughs and I lean back into my chair.

                “You won’t regret this,” I say with the utmost sinceirety.

                She looks at me in awe. “I know.”

                Someone clears their voice.

                I turn around to Amy in the doorway. She’s trying to hold back a smile. “Morning.”

                “Morning.” I stand up awkwardly. “Well,” I start and look at Willow, “I should get going.” I lean in and kiss her forehead. “See you later baby doll.”

                I say hi to Amy and walk out of the room.

                It was official. I was absolutely and positively in love with her.