The Epilogue Part III- Bye

• Dedicated to Vanessa Wolfe

Author’s note: I dedicate this final chapter of ‘Trust me’ to VanessaWolfe724 (from fanfiction.net) for reasons I will more fully explain in my author’s note at the end of this chapter. But she is an amazing author, and her fanfic has inspired so much of my writing in terms of Jacob and Renesmee’s relationship, and imprinting in general.

This is the last chapter of ‘Trust me’! I can’t believe it’s the end! It’s sad but I’m looking forward to writing the outtakes I have planned! So I’m not letting my baby go yet :D

Be aware that there is a long author’s note at the end of this chapter, but please give it a read; it contains details of what’s next (in terms of my writing) as well as a couple of recommendations for reading if you guys have the time! It would mean a lot to me if you read it :)

Another new POV is explored in this chapter, so I hope you enjoy it. And I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the mushiness in this chapter as Ness and Jake say ‘bye’ to Bella and Edward. Happy reading!!!

‘Trust me’

The Epilogue Part III: Bye

Jasper’s POV

The farewells between my family and the leaving pair went smoothly, despite being highly emotional. As expected, there were many tears from Ness as she said goodbye to her aunts, uncles and grandparents; it would be the first time she would be away from us for more than a day since she was born. We were all going to miss her- she had definitely made a lasting impression on us.

We all knew that a fortnight would go by very quickly, but even so, it was strange to us that a Cullen was not going with her- to protect her as we have since her birth. But then we’d remind ourselves that Jacob would be with her, and just as able to look after her as we were. The connection they share is one I have only seen amongst his fellow brothers who have imprinted themselves. It is a unique bond, and whatever sorrow she may feel upon leaving us, I knew he will be the only remedy she will ever need for that loss.

Despite Rose’s quiet sobs, Esme’s crying, and Alice’s despair, they were all happy for Renesmee too; to see her grow up so much and begin a new life independent of them-of all of us, was all we ever truly hoped for. As much as we all wanted it, Renesmee could not stay with us forever.

After saying goodbye to the newlyweds, my family went inside our house to give Edward, Bella, Renesmee, and Jacob some time and space to say what were bound to be highly emotional farewells to one another. I was given the post of ‘look-out’ whereby I was to call my family back outside when the bride and groom entered their car so we could wave them off. This position was quite obsolete because Edward could easily inform us when Renesmee and Jacob were ready to leave. But I think my family wanted to give me an excuse to escape their sorrow by placing me within the vicinity of what was bound to be far deeper, more painful emotions! The decision didn’t make sense, but I chose not to point this out to them, and decided to take up the post anyway, because despite the intensity of pain I would experience, I was irrevocably curious to hear what Renesmee, Jacob, and the former’s parents would say to one another in their final moments together.

Knowing the most difficult farewells were about to come, when already the feelings of the four in front of me were becoming difficult to handle, I tried to prepare myself for what I was about to feel.

As a precaution, I decided to keep my distance so I could escape the majority of their emotions whilst still being able to hear what was being said. Unfortunately, the majority of what was said was whispered or mumbled, so I was forced to lessen the distance between us so my eavesdropping could be more effective. Given my proximity to them, I knew Edward must have been able to hear my thoughts, but I found it unlikely that he could pay attention to my quiet, calm thoughts when those surrounding him were far more distraught.