Chapter 21- My Imprint part II

Author’s note: Hi everyone :) So this is the longest chapter yet and is one of the longest in this fic. This is my other favourite chapter because I get to express my views about something (not telling you what, though you can probably guess!) through Jacob. Also one of the questions most of you had towards the beginning of this story will finally be answered :)

I also want to preface this chapter by saying that this segment mainly looks at the reaction from both packs to Jacob’s imprinting on Ness, and the consequences of these reactions. However, some of the reactions, especially Sam’s is probably not what you would expect given ‘Trust me’ and even given canon. However, by the end of the chapter, I hope you can see why I wrote things slightly differently. A hint: if you love emotional intensity, you will not be disappointed :P

But if you don’t, or you think it should have happened in a different way, then I’m really sorry :( Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this chapter because I loved writing it!

Happy reading! And please remember to comment and vote when you’re done!

Trust me

Chapter 21- My imprint part 2

Jacob’s POV

The moment I phased, Seth and Leah’s thoughts forced their way into my mind.

“Going to tell your dad?” Seth checked with me to make sure he understood my intentions.

“Yep, and Sam and the others too, so they know not to attack Nessie.”

“Nessie,” Leah spat at the nickname, disgusted that I had already gone so far as to have a special name for her.

“Don’t start Leah,” I warned her, as all three of us ran towards La Push.

“Yeah, don’t be such a spoil sport. Jake’s finally happy. I think it’s awesome,” Seth stood up for me, and I couldn’t help but be grateful that at least someone was supportive of me.

“Thanks Seth, that means a lot.”

Leah sighed loudly in her mind, fed up with her brother always siding with vampires over her.

“I can’t wait to see her properly… we’ve been keeping our distance for now- don’t want to make things more complicated for you,” Seth informed me; I had wondered why I hadn’t heard much from them since Nessie was born.

“That’s probably a good idea,” I agreed with him.

“I can’t believe you imprinted on her- it’s such a cliché,” Leah blurted out, frustrated that she now seemed to be the only one who hated what Bella did to me. “You couldn’t have Bella so you go for her daughter.”

I growled through my teeth at her, turning my head to the right so I could see her at my flank, warning her not to push me.

“It’s not funny, Leah!”

“It’s weird, I bet Bella won’t like it,” she added and I could see how smug her thoughts were getting as she envisaged Bella agreeing with her- not that agreeing with Bella was something she’d ever wanted in the past.

“Hmmm, probably not,” I acknowledged, “but hopefully it will work out.”

“It may work out for you,” Leah said bitterly, “but what about me? I’ll have to think of a new plan when this is over. We cannot go off together; you’ll be stuck here for the rest of your life. So much for not wanting to imprint.”

“Not like I had a choice,” I replied scathingly, not in the mood for her pessimism.

“Well I refuse to imprint,” she asserted stubbornly. Now it was Seth’s turn to sigh.