Chapter fifty two

"What's next Lizzy?" Iz twirls on the end of Beth's finger perched precariously on the end of the diving board over the pool.
Apparently that's the only appropriate place to dance in the vast expanse of grounds available to them. I must admit it's funny as shit when they fall in, which they do often.
"Well unfortunately we have to get dressed sometime soon so we can go for dinner in town. I'm expecting a car to pick us up in about two hours" Beth dances and dips Izzy so low her hair is underwater.
Damn... clothes.
I've gotten used to them being more than half naked all day. I hide my disappointment by finishing down my margarita and pouring another.
"What has happened to you? Did you, queen of clothing just say unfortunately? You my gorgeous goddess love to dress up multiple times a day" Iz giggles, the board wobbles and she loses her balance and they both go splashing into the water, again.
"Maybe I've discovered it's much more fun to be naked" Beth laughs as they resurface.
"Cheers to that Blondie" I laugh at them as they climb up the side of the pool.
"Stick your cheers in your ass Bentley, did you know margaritas are my favourite? It's just plain torture when I have to taste it on Izzy's lips" she pouts making me laugh harder.
"You could always not kiss her sweetheart?" Jace offers helpfully with a grin of his own.
"Ha Izzy wishes she was only twenty two" Beth snorts and Iz shrugs with a nod.
"True, my ass was amazing at twenty two. Fucking gravity and it's evil fucking superpowers" Iz slaps her perfectly perky ass and the cheeks hanging out her tiny bikini bottoms shake and I have to bite my tongue and close my eyes.
"Your ass will still be amazing at forty two, you and your perfect body can shut your god damned mouth" Beth takes her turn and slaps Izzy's ass and I can't stop the groan this time.
"What's for dinner?" Coop asks conversationally.
"Italian" Beth answers and he laughs at her
"Don't tell me then" he shakes his head playfully but Beth loses her smile at his grumbling voice.
"I was being serious, I actually found an Italian restaurant" Beth tells him uncomfortable and Jace frowns.
Oh is BFF getting on his nerves if he displeases the Mrs? Can't win with him, I am too friendly and Coop isn't friendly enough. Or is it that it's the the wrong way around? Maybe he would prefer that Coop is overly friendly instead of me? I don't got a super hot wife he wants to play with.
Fuck, I'm getting myself into a mood. I finish my drink and make my way over to the girls.
"So anyone want to offer to help me shower and dress? Someone made those fucking drinks strong" I smirk with my arm around them both. "No, no ladies no need to fight. I can handle you both and we can make this a real party" I grin at their shocked faces.
"Pig" Beth snorts with a smile and pushes me into the pool.
The water is cool and deep and is a welcomed distraction to my dirty mind, frustrated should be my first, last and middle name. Every move Izzy makes, every time she moves those lips all I can see is the way she moved on my body, the way she tasted on my tongue.
I hold my breath and just stay under the water till my lungs burn, I hear a splash and open my eyes. Beth pulls me to the surface.
"Damn it Cole, give me a fucking heart attack why don't you? I thought I just killed your drunk ass" Beth gasps for air hauling me to the edge.
"Can't get rid of me that easy, trust me others have tried" I laugh then groan, not today.
"You okay?" She brushes my hair from my face concerned for me.
Fuck no I'm not okay, this angel face doesn't need to worry over me.
"I'm sweet, water cold gorgeous or you just happy to see me?" I wiggle my brows at her and she covers herself with a gasp.
Thick arms reach over her to take my hand and Beth jumps into my body with a yelp away from them and holds me.
"Hey, Mama it's okay" I bat Coop away and hold her.
"God did I just do that?" She croaks into my neck embarrassed for being afraid.
"It's fine honey, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you" I tell her serious and kiss the top of her head.
"Cole, c'mon man out" Coop tells me reaching out again.
"You good honey?" I ask ignoring him.
"Yeah I'm fine, sorry didn't mean to jump you" Beth let's me go and swims to the other edge where the ladder is.
"That's what they all say" I smirk to my brother.
"Something I said?" Coop asks me as he pulls me up.
"Dude you just don't sneak up on women like that" I tell him but I mean on abused women hoping he understands my point.
"I sneak up on mine all the time, she loves it" he frowns at me the idiot.
"Maybe you can remember a time when she didn't?" I slap his thick head.
"Hey! Oh, shit! Fuck, I didn't think, she still not good?" Coop asks catching on and turns to look at Jace cupping her face by the ladder as she trembles cold from the water and the setting sun.
"Still? She was being stalked last week? There's no set time to get over that type of thing man"
"She seems like her normal self around Jace and you, she even hits you" Coop points out.
"So? She knows I wouldn't hurt her, there's no way I would ever hit her back. We're friends. And Jace is even more pussy whipped than you are, he wouldn't so much as slap a bug off her arm" I shrug.
"You'll be lucky if he doesn't slap you, I was trying to save you from an ass kicking. Try keeping your eyes off her chest" Coop chuckles.
"Why? There's plenty for us all to look at" I tell him pointedly, yeah bro I saw you looking.
"Get your ass in the shower" he shakes his head laughing.