Chapter twenty four

I groan as the sun hits my face, it feels like I just got to sleep and I'm so tired. I feel hands on my body, one on my shoulder and one on my belly. I'm wrapped in Jace's arms and he holds me tighter.
"Morning Angel" he whispers kissing my forehead.
"I'm glad you didn't say it was good, I'd have to punch you" I grumble with a smile, it's hard to be grumpy waking up to this voice.
"Of course it's good, you're in my arms and I can see that beautiful smile" he tells me and I open my eyes.
His face is closer than I thought, his eyes slightly concerned and his lips in a soft smile for me.
"When was the last time you worked out?" I ask noticing how tense he is.
"Friday, why? Am I getting soft?" He asks with a smirk.
"No, but I just decided what could make my morning better. Besides a giant vat of coffee" I grin.
"You want to get your perv on, don't you? Damn, you're awake two seconds and your mind is already in the gutter" he tickles me and I giggle.
"No, it was already there while I slept" I blush remembering the vivid dream of screaming in the shower.
"Oh damn, you're dreaming of me. Fuck honey you have to tell me all about it" he says excited.
"I was kinda hoping after your workout I'd just show you" I say bravely.
"You..are... so... fucking... amazing" he tells me kissing my mouth between words and groaning.
"Come on, I need coffee. Up" I giggle.
I push him up and follow him so the space between us never grows.
"I need you, fuck I love you" he keeps kissing and I moan, in pleasure and in pain.
"I love you Jace, I love you too" I sob into his mouth and his hands lift me up.
"I promise one day it won't hurt to feel loved sweetheart, one day soon" he tells me tucking my head under his chin as I wrap my legs around his waist.
"I know" I mumble kissing his chest.
"How do you feel this morning?" He asks switching off the alarm in the hall.
"Hmm tired, cranky, hungry.... Horny" I whisper.
"Then it's lucky you are with the right man, I can take care of all of that for you" he kisses my hair and drops me on the kitchen counter.
"I bought you some of that smoothie stuff for your muscles, open the booze cupboard" I smile to distract us from getting freaky on the counter.
"You are the most thoughtful person I know honey, you look after me so well" he smiles back and goes to look.
"The guy at the mall assured me this was the good stuff but he didn't look like you, more Ryan gosling than Joe Manganiello" I tease him.
"So you had a good look then?" He raises a brow taking out a few of the packets.
"It's not like I asked him to take off his shirt, he volunteered" I laugh.
"Well it's lucky he knew what he was talking about, you did good honey these are one of my favourites. Thank you"
He starts the coffee and takes his new plastic shaker with the springy ball inside and mixes a shake for himself.
"Welcome. Can I ask a favour of my big strong man?" I ask
"Anything, the dirtier the better" he smiles.
"It is a dirty job, could you light my smoker?"
"Is that some new teen terminology for something kinky?" He grins now, mesmerising me with his dimples.
"No, it's actually lighting my Barbecue. The coals are dirty" I giggle.
"Oh, yeah I guess" he pouts making my chest feel tight with love.
"Thanks Big Man" I kiss his shoulder and jump off the counter.
Opening up the thick curtains I let the sunshine in over the sliding glass doors and then the white sheers behind. I open the glass and feel the cool morning breeze and warm sun on my face, it feels so good on my skin and I close my eyes a second before moving. With a contented sigh I step out on the balcony keeping a firm grip on the door handle.
"Wow it's nice out here, why don't you always have this open?" Jace asks stepping out with a mug of coffee for me and his shake.
I take my mug awkwardly with my right hand while I keep my left on the door.
"No reason" I shrug.
"Elizabeth, let go of the door" Jace asks with a smirk.
"Sure" I smile and step back inside letting go.
"Oh honey, you're scared of heights" he tells me like I don't already know.
"Heights, roller coasters, spiders, snakes, large birds, oh god mice! Eew, and clowns, especially if they have balloons" I confess.
"Balloons?" He laughs.
"They make that squeaky sound that just makes every hair on my body stand on end and really they are just inflatable bags of someone's bad breath and spit" I shudder.
"Oh god you are too cute" he shakes his head at me. "C'mere, take my hand" he breathes and reaches out his arm.
"Jace" I groan.
"Trust me, please" he wiggles his fingers to encourage me.
I take a sip of my coffee and then his hand, he pulls me to his side and I lean into him.
"Close your eyes" he whispers.
"No"
"Please?"
"Fine, evil spawn of satan" I grumble and he chuckles.
He waits till I close them and then he steps out further on the balcony, away from the door and I feel the sun heating my face. I take a deep breath and relax into my man, stroking his chest.
"Open them" he tells me rough and low.
"No, this is good" I smile.
"Beth, open your eyes. I'm right here with you, I've got you"
I open them slowly and my breath catches, I've never been out this far. I can see the ground, the road and the park on the other side. I can see Jace's car parked out the front and I can see just how far I could fall. Palms sweaty I grip my mug tighter and my man, I want to step back but my feet are frozen in place.
"Just breathe Angel, that's all you need to do" he lazily sips his shake and takes in the view.
"You make it sound so easy" I tremble.
"In and out honey" his thumb rubs circles on my palm just like he did when we were dancing.
I remember I was scared then too, till he kissed me then I could breathe again. I concentrate of his movements, the sensation it causes on my skin, in my heart and I exhale.
"Kiss me" I whisper and he does.
Jace kisses me slow and soft and so good, his tongue flicking over mine and his hand cups my head angling me back. He tastes like strawberry and Jace, his tastes like my whole world. Like I would die without him.
"Fuck Beth, your kiss gets me every time" he groans into my mouth and kisses me deeper, like he would die without me too.
"Jace, promise me" I breathe
"What Angel?"
"That you'll never leave me" I beg and I hate that I do.
"Are you sure you want that promise? I'll give it to you but if you change your mind I'm keeping it. Beth it's a promise I'll never break" he warns and a tear slides down my cheek.
"Promise me"
"Elizabeth Reynolds, I promise I will love you forever. I'll never leave you, ever. I'm your man, now and always" his hands are rough on me and his voice is deep and passionate and I sob out loud.
"I love you Jace Masters" I kiss him again and I hold him tight.
"I love you too honey" he kisses my hair and let's me go.
He moves to light the smoker and I'm left standing on my own, the spell is broken and like magic my hands tremble and my knees shake.
"Jace?" I call petrified.
"I'm right here honey, five steps away, I counted them" he tells me not even turning back.
"That would be seven of mine, your legs are longer" I say.
"Then you better start walking, I'm going inside" the bastard says casually.
"You just promised" I point out.
"Angel going into the kitchen isn't leaving you, it's necessary. I need another shake and then I'm going to find that gym you promised to show me, are you coming?" He reaches out his hand but it's still so far away. "Just look at my eyes, forget everything else" he continues.
I do, I look into his beautiful deep blue eyes and take a step forward. Jace nods his head and curls his fingers and I take another, then another and I can reach his hand. I run the rest of the way into his body and he smiles down at me cocky and I smack his chest.
"Good girl" he ignores it and kisses me with a smile. "See nothing bad happened, everything is fine" he leads me inside.
"Thank you for lighting the barbecue" I raise my chin and go to change my clothes.
"You're very welcome" Jace says behind me pulling his gym clothes from his bag on the window seat.