Chapter twenty two

"Can you drive stick?" Jace asks as he flips the pancakes.
"Sure, is this a euphemism for something else? I'd be happy to prove both circumstances" I tease from my barstool at the island.
"Oh fuck it is now" he turns to face me with a look hot enough to melt my panties.
"Jace" I smirk.
"Yes Beth" he looks me up and down.
"Pancakes are burning" I laugh.
"Oh shit" he turns and rescues them in time. "I was actually talking about cars, Coop gave me the keys to his sports car. Told me to take you for a road trip, neither of us have to work Monday. I was thinking we could take a drive after lunch tomorrow? See some sights, do some swimming? Stay the night?" He asks with his back to me.
Okay let me think about this, Jace, an R8, Jace in swimming shorts, sunshine, Jace?
"Uh fuck yeah!" Oh wait that was still an inside my head thought, damn it.
"Really?" He spins and his grin makes me glad I said that out loud.
"I mean sure, if you want. I don't have any plans" I try for calm but the damage is done, he is onto me.
"Good, then it's settled. Coop also wanted me to talk you into a road trip when he gets home" he tells me casually.
"Yeah right, Cooper really can't wait to get back from his honeymoon with his gorgeous new wife so he can take me out in his car" I roll my eyes.
"You wish, but no. I meant all four of us on a road trip, no cars. You would be with me on my Harley, Iz on the back of Coop's" he bites his lip nervous.
I wish? I don't think so, well maybe a little bit fucking kryptonite Cooper. Why is he nervous about that? Oh! Oh god!
"Um Jace, I don't think I could do that whole group sex swinging thing. I love you all but I just couldn't go there, I know I joke with Izzy about being her third but no, just no" I babble turning bright red.
"Elizabeth! I'm fucking glad to hear that. Not the bit about you being a third, that shit's just not happening sweetheart. Why would you even think that?" He blurts shocked.
"I don't know, why were you so nervous about asking?" I deflect.
"Well because so far it's been just us, I was worried that maybe you wouldn't want to spend all this time with me when the others are back" he mumbles and turns back to the stove.
"Jace Masters, cockiest rooster I've met, are you doubting yourself?" I ask shocked.
"Always with you Angel, you matter, your opinion matters. I could walk outside right now and ask the first girl I saw to spend an hour in the back seat of my car without even blinking but asking you to even sit with me makes me nervous" he tells me and I instantly feel anger.
"You could hey!? Then do it, don't let me stop you" I snap.
"Oh fuck that didn't come out right, past tense honey. I meant that in past tense, I'm sorry. What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to make a fool of myself with you, no ones opinion matters like yours does. I want you and only you more than I've ever wanted anything from someone else" he comes round and lifts me onto his body.

My body seems to be on his side because my arms hold him and my legs wrap around him like they belong to him, my lips move with his as he kisses me and my hands settle happily into his hair.
"I'm sorry Angel, I didn't mean to make you mad" he tells me not moving his lips from mine.
"You are mine" I growl fisting his hair harder and he moans and my back hits a wall.
"Yes Angel" he breathes and his hips arch against me and I feel him, my jealousy arouses him.
"Show me" I pant as the thought of that arouses me.
"Yes" he replies at the same time as he surges inside me, the thin scrap of panties no match for his strong hands.
Oh god! The feel of him in me, all round me, the wall at my back and his hard muscles holding me up is too much and faster than I can rationalise what's happening I am coming for my man. Loudly, embarrassingly loud and his mouth is on my neck sucking hard drawing out my cries.
"That's my Angel, oh Beth" Jace calls shuddering as he follows me.
"Jace, oh god. You drive me crazy, I love you" I sob in absolute bliss.
"Love is not enough, the word is too small for how much I feel for you sweetheart. There has to be another word" he kisses my face all over and I'm shaking in his arms.
"Pancakes" I mumble.
"Still not big enough" he chuckles into my neck.
"No Jace, pancakes" I tap his shoulder.
"Oh shit!" He moves with me still in his arms and tosses the charred remains of the pancakes that were in the trash and turns off the gas.
"I guess it's a good thing two minutes was enough" Jace blushes embarrassed.
"Holy hell, that was intense. I'm so embarrassed" I giggle.
"Don't be, my ego just skyrocketed" he grins wicked and I kiss his dimples.
"So did my chances of being pregnant, Jace lets just settle this right now. We're trying to have a baby yes?" I ask shyly.
"Is there any point in protection this month? If you want me to use it I will but Angel, you're not feeling sick right now are you? You were fine after breakfast yesterday, your moods snap back and forth with the breeze. Elizabeth I think we are already are Angel, if we're not do you want to try?" He rests my ass on the counter to look into my eyes.
"Oh god Jace. Fuck, maybe. Do you?" I think I'm hyperventilating, it's so soon to be having this conversation.
"I think I do, I can wait for you to be ready. I won't push you into this, this is a forever decision honey" he kisses my face and I hug him tight.
"Forever" I mumble, Jace told me he wants to be my forever. I want that. "I want you forever" I whisper into his neck so soft I don't think he could hear me.
"Let's eat" he sighs and kisses my forehead.
"I love it when you do that" I tell him with a smile.
"I know" he smiles back