"It's A..."

A chapter in their lives…

The day I came back from my ultrasound and doctor appointment, I called the catering services and made them add a baby in the arms of the groom and bride dolls on the wedding cake. It was a tiny little baby dressed in a pink dress, and I got a dozen of pink helium balloons that say “It’s a girl!” to confirm the suspicions Harry would have when he’d see the cake.

My plan fell right into action, because the day of our wedding, his mouth fell open when he noticed the baby in the doll’s arms and the balloons floating all over the reception room. Tears were brimming his eyes as everyone congratulated us, and I can’t believe I managed to keep it to myself for an entire week.

All week I’d been giving him small hints, though. One morning I added pink colorant to our pancakes, then I changed my phone case to a pink one, and I even put on pink nail polish before getting my nails done for the wedding, but Harry never caught on. Finding out the day or our wedding got me the most passionate kiss and a great round of applause, but in the privacy of our hotel room in Greece, it got me a round of spanking. 

“Twenty nine, for twenty nine weeks,” he growls in my ear as I lean forward on my forearms. “Count with me, and if you miss one count, we’re starting over.”

The first slap comes quickly and roughly, and I forget to breathe. “Fuck. One.”

“Breathe, El,” Harry coos as he rubs my backside gently, taking the sting with him. “You need to breathe, babe, or you’ll faint. You’re already out of breath all the time, just take deep breaths, yeah?”

I barely have time to nod that the second slap comes just as quickly, a bit rougher than the first one. “Two.”

After each slap, Harry rubs the sting before applying another one. He whispers affectionate words in my ear and rubs my swollen stomach with his free hand, feeling the kicks of the baby as she reacts to every smack I’m given. 

At twenty two, I struggle to find air and take a second to wipe the tears rolling down my face. Harry allows me a minute to calm, but he pulls be back in my position fast. I take each and every slap like a ‘good girl’, according to Harry, and make it to twenty nine without a single mistake. I’ve grown to enjoy being told what I’m doing good. Harry has a way to make it sound like he’s actually proud. Maybe it’s his fatherly side that has been showing a bit more, but whatever it is, I like it a lot. 

“On your back,” Harry orders, and I quickly comply. My fat stomach makes it a bit hard to roll around sometimes, but I manage to twist my body onto my back and collapse exhaustingly. “I’m gonna miss that belly when the baby comes,” he admits quietly, leaning forward to press his lips just below my navel. “It’s just so soft.”

“And itchy,” I complain, rolling my eyes. “It’s heavy, itchy, and I’ve always been a tummy sleeper and now I can only sleep on my side. And have you seen all those stretch marks? I look like a loose Saran wrap.” Again, slightly out of breath, I take a second to breathe in and out and switch my attention to the baby. “You better come early, you little silly goose. If you actually wait until forty weeks, you’re gonna hear about it for the rest of your life.”

Harry snickers above me, shaking his head. “Don’t listen to Mummy,” he says to my stomach. “If she says one thing, I promise I’ll spank her until she forgets her own name, yeah?”

I wipe the remaining stickiness from the tears on my face. “You went a bit hard on the last one, Haz. I’m pretty sure it’ll leave a mark for weeks.”

“Well, you’re the one who decided to go behind my back and find out the sex of our baby when we said we wanted a surprise,” he accuses with one eyebrow raised. “I can’t believe you did it without me. Can’t I sue you for that?”