Chapter 35

Sorry for updating so late, I totally forgot about it...

-Katexx

--------------------

Chapter 35

"No."

"Fuck yeah."

I cross my arms over my chest and shake my head as Harry glances at me with pleading eyes. "No way. If you do that, I'm never talking to you again."

He gives me a long, dramatic eye roll and stomps his foot. "Yes, you're gonna talk to me again, and it'll be nice."

"Jesus, Harry!" My voice comes out a little bit louder than I first meant to, so I sigh and close my eyes in exasperation. "Please don't do that. You'll regret it, Haz."

While I was at my morning class, Harry had some things to take care of but insisted on picking me up afterwards to take me somewhere with him. A normal date would be going to the restaurant, or even the movie theater, but for Harry it's all about going to the tattoo parlor and getting the ugliest tattoo I've ever seen in my entire life.

We were sat in the waiting room for over an hour because Harry didn't have an appointment, he didn't even know what he wanted to get. With his thumb he gently circled the back of my hand in a comforting way while I tried to convince him to go back home and check some designs online, just to give him an idea. Of course, being as stubborn as he is, he said it was fine and that the guy had done the massive butterfly on his stomach, so he trusted him. How he thought that was supposed to be reassuring to me, I have no clue.

But then the tattoo artist came over to us and brought some designs in a book, and the one that caught Harry's eye definitely wasn't the one I was expecting.

"I'm not gonna regret it," he argues, a small smile spreading across his lips while the tattoo artist squirts black ink in a small, white cup. "It represents love."

I snort. "Sure. A large human heart represents love. Harry, you're getting a body part tattooed on your body! I don't think you're actually thinking this out properly."

When his eyes fell on the human heart drawn perfectly on a white piece of paper, Harry instantly fell in love with it. There were many designs surrounding it and when I notice his eyes lighting up, I tried to guess which design it was. There was a small butterfly, vampire bites, a snake on a knife, and then there was the massive human heart. I didn't even consider the possibility of that drawing being the one Harry wanted, it just seemed impossible to think that someone would get a human heart tattooed.

Until now.

"Please, babes, will you approve it?" Harry gives me his best puppy eyes and pouty lip, holding my right hand into both of is for additional drama. "I really want it but if you're going to hate me for the rest of my life..."

And why on Earth I say yes, I have no idea. As soon as the artist brings his gun to life and dips the needle into Harry's skin where the heart is going to be eternally engraved, my stomach churns in the worst way possible. Harry doesn't even wince, he lies peacefully on the table with one arm stretched towards the artist and the other one holding my hands, and I'm the one stressing out for him.

Not to get his shirt stained with ink, Harry decided to take it off. It gives me the chance to admire the other tattoos over his body, none of them nearly as creepy as the soon-to-be heart, except maybe for the skeleton with a hat on the back of his left arm. Then again, the skeleton is an artistic piece, the heart is... a human heart.

But my heart sinks guiltily as I watch Harry staring at the drawing on his arm with wide, glinting eyes as it's being done. His fingers keep tracing patterns on my hands and once in a while, he turns to me with this toothy smile that awakens butterflies in my tummy, so I don't dare to tell him how much I think he's silly to get this tattoo. Surely he knows that it doesn't please me, but I don't have the heart-no pun intended-to admit it when he just looks so happy.