Chapter 33

Chapter 33

[Harry's POV]

"So you two are friends now?" Grimmy asks as I put a shirt on and buckle my belt.

Nick Grimshaw has never known the meaning of the word privacy. To him, it probably simply exists to set boundaries, and those boundaries with me and with most of his friends have been passed for a while, now. Not only does he not knock, but he also lets himself him if I'm in the shower, on the toilet, sleeping-which I do naked-and changing. I don't personally care about all that, we've gone through what we can and what we can't do, and when, but barging in my bedroom at nine o'clock in the morning should be forbidden.

This morning I let it pass because his question reminds me of the beautiful girl living in my house.

I give him a nonchalant shrug even though a wide smile is threatening to show on my face. "Yeah, I guess. I'll take whatever I can, to be honest."

"But you had sex." This time he says it more like a fact than a question, so I nod. "Right. So, if I understand correctly, you two are friends, but friends who have sex."

"Had," I correct him with an exaggerated roll of my eyes, all because I have absolutely no idea what he's trying to say in his own made-up language. "We had sex. Jesus, Grims, where are you heading with this nonsense?"

"Nowhere, I promise, mate," he sighs, sitting on the edge of my new bed in my bedroom, which randomly happens to be in his flat. "I just don't want to see you get hurt if it doesn't work out. I know how in love you are and just being friends with her might not be healthy."

Even though Elena and I decided to be friends-whatever that means-I figured it was better if I didn't go back to the house. I've moved all my belongings to Grimmy's and I've been squatting his flat for three days, which may be three days too long without Elena, but it's already proven to be good. She allowed me to drive her home after the short meeting at Liam's flat where we discussed the possibilities of having Elena a little more around, and I was glad Louis finally shook her hand and agreed to befriend her.

It'd taken a lot for him to do so. Last year, he didn't trust her at all. He thought she'd ruin all we'd worked for and from the beginning of the tour until a few months later where he finally calmed down, he kept checking the tabloids for the day the whole story would come out. Every time we'd get a call from management, he would go crazy saying that it was all over, that it had finally happened, and we'd just roll our eyes until he answered the phone.

Now, Elena's here for herself, though I probably had a little bit to do with it, I don't see why she would've left California otherwise. Louis even told her that if she'd chosen a school in Manchester, she could've been with Eleanor. I could see in Elena's eyes that it meant a lot for her to finally be accepted by the whole band.

"I think I can make my own decisions, mate," I reply buttoning my coat on and walking out of the room.

Grimmy follows me, his bare feet slamming heavily against the wooden floor. "So now, you're gonna go get her at school? How are you gonna get her gifts in the house if she's with you?"

Has he even been listening to what I told him all morning? "No, she finally agreed to drive her car to school. I'm going to the house to fix lunch and dinner, I'll put her gifts on the table and I'll just leave."

"Good luck then!" he shouts from the kitchen, and I close the door just in time to hear his deep voice echoing, "Protect your willy, love!"

I roll my eyes but crack a smile nonetheless.

After the meeting yesterday, Elena and I made a few agreements. Firstly, if she doesn't want me driving her to school and work every day, she has to drive the new car. Secondly, she must send me a text message every time she leaves the house, for whatever reason it is, in order for me to be prepared in case anything happens. After all the mobbing and the photographs, I would rather not take any chances with her, especially as stubborn as she is. She'd lose her patience and tell me everything is fine until she's bottled up too much and explodes on me. Girls...However, and unfortunately for me, the deal states that she doesn't have to tell me where she is unless there's an actual threat, so I'm going to have to increase my stalking skills.