Chapter 39

Long ass Chapter! Enjoy ;)

-Katexx

--------------------

Chapter 39

“Have you gone there?” Alfie asks, pointing at the store Hollister with his thumb as he walks backwards in front of me–his new obsession.

I wrinkle my nose at him. “Do you really think that I could work at Hollister? I mean, have you seen the people who work there?” 

He chuckles. “It’s so dark inside, they won’t even notice you’re out of place.”

“Alf, shut up!” I roll my eyes. 

Not that I can contradict him, because if you’ve ever been to Hollister, you know how dark it is in there. The store is flooded in darkness, small neon lights lighting up a couple of corners, just enough for people to see what they’re trying on. Other than that, the only light the store provides is from the employees almost shining of beauty; angels lit up after falling from the sky. 

The thing is, to work at Hollister, you have to be fit, and I’m quite far from considering myself like so. Let’s say Harry’s home gym has been pretty much unused for the past few months.

“Fine, then,” he feigns offense and keeps on walking. “What about Topshop?”

I’ve already brought my résumé over at Topshop when I first applied for a job and unfortunately, they never contacted me. Now here I am, standing in front of the shop with a pile of résumés in my hands, trying to find the courage to go in and give my CV again.

Alfie waits outside while I go in, only to be greeted by a grumpy consultant who tells me that they aren’t looking for people at the moment. She takes my paper anyway, places it somewhere under her counter, and she turns her back to me with a sigh. I take it as my cue to leave.

“So?”

I shake my head. “Better keep going, I guess.”

“Have you thought about going to another restaurant, perhaps?” he proposes, giving me a thought that I’ve considered already a million times. “Or a little bit out of the city? You’d be harder to find this time ‘round.”

Now interested, I cock my head to the side. “That could be good,” I admit truthfully. In the middle of the city, it’s easier for fans and people to follow and find out where I work, and now with the car I don’t necessarily have to have Harry drive me to work. “Yeah, I could do that. I’ll give more here and then tomorrow we can drive further and find a couple of places.”

“I can’t tomorrow,” Alfie says, smacking his forehead with the palm of his hand. “Lewis has a dentist appointment and I promised I’d go. He’s terrified of the dentist.”

“Are you serious?” I laugh. “My dad’s like that. I used to go with him to the dentist because he’d end up not going, and we’d get a call from the secretary at the dentist’s office that he hadn’t gone to his appointment.”

Alfie rolls his eyes and chuckles. “I have to hold Lewis’ hand or else he might bite the dentist. It’s ridiculous. I once had to ask for a kid’s toy after because he was too angry.”

“I love those toys!” I squeal, grabbing his arm in emphasis and he jumps in surprise. “Oops, sorry. But my dentist used to have these little Flinstones figurines and after a couple of years I had the entire collection, they were so cute but I left them in Boston.”

“About that,” he starts, looking uncertain. “When are you going to see them again, your parents?”

At that, I shrug. “I’m supposed to visit Harry when he’s on tour in Boston, so I might spend a little bit of time with them too, and I figured I’d go for a while in the summer. Amanda has been begging me to come back, too, and I thought I’d take her to the One Direction show back home.”