Chapter 18

I'm officially 18!*-*

-Katexx

-----------------

Chapter 18

Hey, it's me again...Elena... In case you deleted my email address.

I finished school, it went really well. How was your semester? School is awesome over here. I'm still getting used to the accent, the professors are usually old and they have this terribly emphasized accent that makes every word sound incredibly posh and incomprehensible. It takes a lot of concentration to understand every word, but believe it or not, I made it through one semester!

You know Alfie? The guy I talked to you about? So we're pretending to be dating now because Harry is just being like too protective, and I want him to cut me some loose. But to be honest, he's being great and I promise we're doing good. We're actually leaving tomorrow to go to his house for Christmas because I decided not to go home this year, and obviously Mr. Overprotective didn't want me to stay alone. But it'll be great, and you should see what I got him. I can't really tell you now, I'm pretty sure he filters my emails, but I'll tell you after Christmas for my weekly email. I'll tell you his reaction, too, because believe me, it'll be priceless.

I wish I could tell you all of this over the phone once in a while, it'd be so much easier than writing it...

So, if you've read this far, I just want you to know again how sorry I am. If you haven't made it this far, well I'm just as sorry, but you won't know it. You're one of my best friends, Cam, and I wish I could just call you and tell you all about my life right now because it's strange and everything's so weird and I miss you.

Hopefully you're reading, and hopefully you've read all my previous messages, and if you have, just know that I'll be waiting for you, because I'm looking forward to the day I see your name in my messages or on my phone, even if it's just to ask me to stop emailing you.

Feel free to update whenever you feel like it!

Elena xx

PS: I really miss you, and I'm sorry. Again.

In my outbox, over fifty messages that I haven't deleted are still there, waiting to be replied to. At the beginning of the summer I would send one a day, just explaining my apology and explaining to her everything that has happened over the previous few months. Eventually I went down to one email per week, recalling the highlights and lowlights of my week, apologizing again and hoping for a reply the next day. If she's read those messages, Camilla knows more about my life than anyone else. I've written every single detail of everything, which I now realize that she must think I've gone completely mental if she doesn't believe the whole One Direction fiasco, but I simply hope she's read them. She knows more than Harry does even though he'd been part of those events, just because I explain my feelings in those emails, not just an external point of view. And when it comes to school, she even knows the names of my teachers, the location of my classes and everything else. She knows my boss's name, my coworkers' names, and hopefully she hasn't made a background check on each and every single one of them, but at least she knows.

Considering that Camilla was my best friend during my entire first year of college, it sort of hurts to close the window when I realize that even if I wait hoping to see a new message pop up in my messages, it won't even be from the right person. It hurts to see her name in my contacts on my phone, but I never dare to press the call button because for a while, her voicemail message said, "Elena, stop calling." But what hurts the most is to know how she felt when she needed a friend after she and Jensen broke up, because right now I wish I could have her to tell her about Harry.