Chapter 46

Last Chapter

P.S.: Epilogue coming soon, about 11-12 Chapters long.

After spending most of the morning with Nick Grimshaw, Alexa Chung, Pixie Geldof and well, all of Harry's friends, heading straight home seemed to be the best idea for the both of us at the moment, considering our bloodshot eyes from all the crying, and also because Harry had to finish packing. He wasn't nearly done after spending last night on the couch, almost dreading going to sleep. I would've thought that he would get excited about going on tour, but it seemed like the complete opposite.

When he pulls the car into the driveway, after taking long roads to avoid coming back home and having to face reality, he lets out a long sigh before opening the door. I feel bad for the boy, he's just getting his life in check again and he has to leave it all behind for a good chunk of time. He slowly walks to the front door, dragging his feet behind and spinning his keys around his fingers. It almost appears as if he's giving up on everything. He stops in front of the door and stops moving completely.

"You know that you have to unlock it if you want to go in, right?" I comment quietly, trying to calm him down a little with a joke. "The door won't open itself alone."

He gives me another long sigh as a response and finally pushes the key in the slot, turning it to the side. When we hear the small click of the lock, he doesn't move. "I can't do it."

My heart falls. "Harry, of course you can. Come on, open the door and we'll talk inside."

"I can't," he argues, pouting. "I can't leave my friends and my family. Fucking hell, Elena, I can't leave you."

Though the tears threaten to fall, I instantly push them away because it would just bring him down even more to know how depressed I'm feeling about him leaving. One of us has to stay strong, and it looks like it's going to have to be me. "Honey, you don't have to worry about me." My smile doesn't reassure him. "You're going on tour! You're gonna have so much fun. Do you remember all the fun you had for the past six months?"

He shakes his head. "Knowing that I'd lost you wasn't fun, Elena. I was practically drowning in my own sorrow. Forty percent Vodka."

A shiver runs down my spine, and I don't know if it's from his words or from the cold. Because, yeah, we're still outside. "Fine. But there you go, this time you know that you still have me. I'll be right here the whole time, and I'll miss you and I'll still love you, and I'll visit when I can."

"I didn't have you last time. How can I leave you now? I can't fucking leave." He shakes his head furiously, the wild curls on his head flying around under his beanie. "I can't leave."

He doesn't say anything when I reach for the door and open it for him. He allows me to step in first, walking inside after me and closing the door. "How about you go take a bath and I pack your suitcase? Would that relax you?"

He shakes his head. "Take a bath with me."

That wouldn't be a very good idea, but I don't decline the option. "Come on, let's go upstairs and get your stuff ready. We have to leave at six."

"Seven."

"Six o'clock, Harry," I sigh.

"Eight."

A small smirk appears on his face, and I roll my eyes. "Six. Management is going to kill you if you're there at eight, no matter how much you'd like that."

"Six thirty," and I can sense that if I decline six thirty, he might go crazy. I guess six thirty isn't too late.

So I give him a small nod and take his hand. "Fine. Six thirty, it is, but that leaves us five and a half hours to finish your packing."