Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Now are you going to explain to me why the hell we had to embarrassingly get out of class by the front door?" Alfie asks when he finally exits the class, twenty minutes after I finished my exam.

I couldn't escape in the morning when Harry forced me into the car even after I subtly left the house while I thought he was locked in his room, or perhaps in the shower. He'd actually been adding windshield washer in the car, which explained why I hadn't heard him in the house, and he caught me by surprise when I walked through the gates. In other words, he wasn't please. Ten minutes out of the whole car ride were dedicated to a speech on my safety and on how I had just proved that I couldn't be trusted, and he made me promise that I would wait for him by the classroom if I finished before he arrived. And while I nodded, I was drawing a plan of the classroom in my head, coming to the conclusion that he would never guess that I could come out by the front door.

All classrooms are provided with two doors, the main one being in the back where the students wouldn't be disturbed if someone arrived late, the same door also leading to the main hall, and another one in front by which the professor usually arrived, also known to be the emergency exit. That particular one led to a small, discreet hallway that eventually led to a main one. However, the front door didn't seem to be used very often, because as soon as I pushed it, a loud squeak could've woken up the dead.

"It's your last exam, these people aren't going to see you for a good three weeks," I chuckle.

"Can you not remind me?" he breathes dramatically. "I'd much rather spend three weeks here than with my parents. Cheers to Christmas resolutions!" I sigh before high fiving him, but it doesn't seem to distract him enough. "Now, will you explain why we had to do the walk of shame?"

As soon as we walk out of the confined hallway, I press my hand against Alfie's chest and stop him from moving. Right by the back door, Harry is leaning against the brick wall and is looking at his watch, as though annoyed. Behind me, Alfie snorts quietly, so I glare at him. "If he sees us, he'll kill us. I'm serious."

"Please." He rolls his eyes and points at Harry with his thumb. "That fit piece of meat probably wouldn't hurt a bug."

I wrinkle my nose. "He threatened that I couldn't be trusted because of yesterday, so now he wants to stalk my every move."

Harry visibly sighs when a girl walks out of the room, but returns to his cell phone anyway. "Don't you want him to stalk you, though? Isn't it supposed to be the new hot thing, like Fifty Shades of Grey?"

"I think you read too much porn," I tell Alfie, rolling my eyes. He seems content with himself as he chuckles, leaning forward to watch our prey. "Seriously, he's being so possessive, it's like I belong to him."

"God. I wish Lewis was like that," he breathes, closing his eyes. I wouldn't want to see what's running through his mind right now, so I slap his chest gently and gasp. "What! I don't understand why you're not giving him a chance. He's obviously in love with you, and the feeling is mutual."

Ignoring his last comment, I stand against the wall and pinch the bridge of my nose. "You have way too much imagination, Alf." He gives me a wide grin and returns to watching his prey closely, not missing a single move. "How long do you think he's going to wait for?"

"Hmm," is his only response.

We watch a wild Harry in its natural habitat for a few moments, analysing his every action as he pulls out his phone, types a quick text and waits for a reply, and then pushes his coat sleeve up to look at his watch, which is followed by a loud, long sigh and an eye roll. Every time someone walks out of the room, whether it's a girl or a guy, he jolts up and takes in his surroundings, but gives a disappointed look mixed along with an angry stare every single time. Sometimes he flinches, cringes, shrugs, and sometimes he almost looks directly at us, but I manage to push Alfie out of the way. However, no one seems to notice him, or care that Harry Styles is waiting outside of a classroom. Then again, the looks he gives are so menacing that if I were to run into him in this situation, I'd probably try to avoid him as well.