Chapter 26

Warning may cause some tears, I would suggest that you have some tissues next to you and this is a really long ass Chapter hope you enjoy! ❤

-Katexx

----------------------

Chapter 26

Anne doesn't acknowledge him, guessing that he's made me angry. "And you deal alright with school and work all at once?"

"Yeah," I nod. "My work schedule is very flexible and I try to combine two classes per day so I only have three days of school. It gives me more full days off to study."

"You seem very organized," she comments, smiling. "Your parents must be proud to see you working so hard like that. I'm extremely proud of you, Elena. Aren't you, Harry?"

Harry rolls his eyes but a small smirk dances across his lips anyway. I watch him, content of the reaction he's trying to hide but fails miserably. "I guess I am a bit proud of my girlfriend," he admits, but my heart stops instantly.

"Harry," I say slowly, trailing off the last syllable of his name. I need to correct him on calling me his girlfriend, because I'm not ready for that. It will happen, it's bound to happen, but right now we still have too much to figure out and fix because we should title our relationship officially.

His eyes lower at his lap when he realizes what he's just said, but then he looks up to meet my gaze. "You're not ready, I know," he whispers in my ear after leaning down. "I'm sorry."

I won't give in. I won't give in. I won't give in! "I'm still angry. We'll talk later."

"Are you two staying for dinner?" Anne interrupts as she feels the tension in the air, Harry's face twisting into a heavy scowl.

He shakes his head. "I was thinking we could go to the restaurant before the party. I've got a bit of a crave for sushi. Is that alright for you?" he asks me.

"Sushi it is." Harry gives me a guilty smile as I continue peeling the potatoes.

Harry's family gathers twice a year: Christmas and New Year's. Because the house is big enough for everybody, the family gatherings have been happening here for the last couple of years. It includes cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends and all. It was a little bit awkward to meet Harry's family on Christmas and not knowing exactly how to label myself, but tonight Harry assured me that we wouldn't have to go through all of it again.

Instead, he thought that we would all go celebrate downtown Holmes Chapel in a pub with his cousins and friends, a place he enjoys going very much every time he's home. Gemma is bringing her friends, Harry has a few high school friends coming as well, and the rest will be family members.

What I wasn't aware of is that while the entire family will be eating dinner at the house beforehand, Harry and I are going on a date. Unless he decides to call it otherwise, but the way he smiles when I confirm I'm up for sushi leads me to believe that his intentions aren't just friendly.

"I'll save you some pie," Anne giggles, taking the potatoes from me. "You lot go get ready, you've been in your pyjamas all day and the family is about to arrive."

Not really pyjamas. I'm wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, and my hair is straightened. Harry is wearing black jeans with holes in the knees and a wife beater. He nudges me off of my stool and I follow him back upstairs, where we're greeted with misery and monopoly again.

The guest room is unfortunately not equipped with a bathroom, so I shotgun Harry's before he even has time to react. His wet towel still sits on the floor by the shower, his dirty pair of abnormally tight boxer-briefs right beside it, but what catches my eye is the bottle of Skintimate shaving cream on the edge of the sink. The cap is off and it looks like it's been used; I knew it wouldn't be a useless present.