Chapter 44

Chapter 44

I shouldn't have gone to school.

Not only was the class boring as hell, but I also didn't have any energy to listen. I spent most of the three hour class on Google, looking for nothing in particular but finding very interesting articles on alcohol poisoning, body malformations and recent pictures of Kate Middleton with Prince William and Prince George.

According to health care sites, heavy alcohol poisoning would've caused Harry to completely pass out and stop breathing. In that case, he would have to be admitted to the hospital as soon as possible, because alcohol poisoning can cause death. In his case, he probably is just slightly in between a very heavy hangover and maybe a little alcohol poisoning. It could also be worse if he hasn't eaten close to drinking, and from what Niall says, he stayed locked in the room for hours after we came back from the restaurant. The site states that in case of vomiting, the person should lie on their side not to choke on the vomit, which is probably why Harry was coughing and choking so much before and after vomiting. Some of it must've stayed in his throat.

The only home remedy, according to the site, is Vitamin C and hydration. Taking small sips of something sparkling, like Seven Up, will definitely help spasms in the stomach that might make him feel more nauseous, but the best thing is water and sleep. The site was very helpful, but then it brought to the Extraordinary People page, which is why I looked at body malformations.

The Royal Family pictures were simply coincidental.

When the professor finally announced a fifteen minute break, I gathered my books and left the lecture. I figured that I'd be alright with the PowerPoints of this specific class for the final exam, and I'd just ask someone for extra notes in case I didn't feel ready when the time comes.

In other words, I wasted one and a half hours on a boring class instead of staying home like I feel I should've done.

The only positive thing in this little adventure is that I got to breathe fresh air, and not vomit-stained air, for a little while. It might be raining and it might be a very gloomy day, but nothing feels better than fresh-and slightly polluted-air when all you've been breathing in is puke. Car scent does the job as well, especially if it still smells of new leather like the Mini Cooper. It has to be in the top five best scents in the world.

I stop at Boots on the way home to pick up some Vitamin C and a six pack of Seven Up. I take the extra concentrated vitamins that have one thousand milligrams, hoping that it won't be too much for his system right now. If anything, I'll cut the pills in half and take the other half. Vitamin C has to be good for your body whether or not you're feeling fine, right?

The rest of the drive is quiet, and a relieved feeling lingers in my head that I haven't got any urgent calls from the house. Even though I told Niall to call me if anything happened, I doubt my first reaction would've been not to panic. But Niall is napping on the armchair when I walk into the house. The nasty smell has slightly dissipated, and I notice the windows in the kitchen and in the living room being open to aerate a little.

Harry is still in the same position on the sofa, the bin still by his side with a new garbage bag inside, and this time he's shirtless with his hair in a ponytail. It's half eleven, which means he's been sort of sleeping for four and a half hours, unless he vomited again and the bag is very new.

Carefully, I empty the bags from Boots in the kitchen and put the Seven Up in the fridge, and the vitamins on the counter for easy reach. He'll forget about them if they're not in his sight, like he does with almost everything.

I mean, he's not that bad, but whenever he's about to leave, he's always looking for his keys, his wallet, his hat-anything, really. He misplaces everything he touches and then spends more time looking for the items than the time it would've taken to put the items back where they're supposed to be.