I Love you...Two

A chapter in their lives

I wasn’t planning on telling Harry about it. I’ve known for a couple of days already, but I wanted to keep it a secret until I was sure it’s what he wanted, too. It just isn’t something easy to deal with, and knowing Harry and his busy schedule in the music industry, he could’ve gotten mad about it. 

Well, now he is mad about it, but he’s mostly mad about the fact that I didn’t tell him earlier. I watch him throw a fit and pace around back and forth in the kitchen, his face red and fuming. 

I don’t remember when it happened exactly. To be fair, it happens so often that it would be hard to say when and where, or how exactly. I could be mistaken as well, I mean, accidents do happen, but I have a slight idea. 

On Harry’s birthday, we got really drunk one night and I may or may not have forgotten to take a pill in the process. I mean, usually it takes more than just one pill to get pregnant, but it can happen. It says so on the back of the package. 

I would know, I’ve read it over and over again since two Mondays ago when I woke up and realized that I was two weeks late and that I had terrible nausea. It took a couple of hours until I admitted that there could be a possibility that I was pregnant, so I ran down to the store and picked up seven pregnancy tests. 

Every single one of them came out positive. 

I, Elena Reed, am pregnant. 

And it’s scaring the fuck out of me. 

And clearly it’s scaring the fuck out of Harry, because if he wasn’t scared he wouldn’t be pacing around holding the bridge of his nose, smoke coming out of his ears. 

“I’m sorry,” I tell him quickly, hoping that it calms him somehow.

“Sorry?” he snaps. “You’re sorry? What about me, El? Did you even think of me?”

My eyes drift down in shame. “I know. We were drunk, Harry. I totally forgot to take my pill, and I guess that it was enough…”

“No!” His shouting makes me cringe, but he doesn’t seem to even care. “I don’t give a bloody damn about that. Why didn’t you tell me, Elena? Fucking hell, I would’ve brought you to a doctor. Do you even have prenatal vitamins? You need to see a doctor, Elena. Like, really soon.”

I’ve already taken an appointment with my doctor, but it was mostly to maybe eventually get an abortion. I want this baby. I really do, but I’m scared and, well, Harry… “I’m seeing my doctor next Tuesday. We’ll decide from there what to do.”

Harry looks up, eyes wide. “What do you mean, you’ll decide what to do? You have to take vitamins, Elena. It’s mandatory for the health of the baby.”

The baby. He doesn’t even refer to it as our baby, just as the baby. “I don’t need vitamins if I don’t keep it.”

If Harry was fuming before, now I don’t even know what’s happening. “What the fuck do you mean, if you keep it? We’re keeping this baby. What the fuck, Elena? Why the god damn fuck would you even think that?”

“Please calm down,” I beg, almost on the verge of tears. Angry Harry scares me. A lot. “Please.”

He tries to take a breather, but I can tell that it’s completely and entirely forced. “We’re keeping the baby.”

“Do you even want it?” I shout at him, allowing some tears to come out. They roll down my cheeks and fall onto my shirt, staining them with the hurt of this fight. “I’m sorry this might be ruining your plans for our future. I know it’s very soon, and very unexpected, so I don’t think it’s the best idea for the both of us to be having a baby right now. Jesus Christ, I’m sorry for being fucking pregnant. I didn’t ask for it, alright? I’m the one going through this.”

Before he replies, I start sobbing and run out of the kitchen. Out bedroom might be on the third floor, and my lack of exercise recently sure reminds me of it every single time I go up the stairs, but I make it there in the speed of light. My body collapses on the bed and I let out all the tears I’ve been keeping for almost two weeks.

How did I forget a pill? I’ve been right on time for the past, what, six years? And just this one time I have to forget it, I get pregnant. 

The only thing I’m thankful about is that it happened with Harry, and not a pure stranger. 

“Elena,” Harry whispers as he walks into the room. I haven’t even heard him come up the stairs. “Elena, baby. Don’t cry.”

I scoff. “Well, I’m sorry but when I have a human being in my stomach that is going to die, I might be allowed to cry.”

“I want this baby.”

For the second time, I scoff again. “Right. And I want a pet alien.”

Harry sighs. “I’m serious, El. I want this baby. I actually want this baby more than anything I’ve ever wanted in this world.” His voice cracks at the end of the sentence, and I look up at him to find him staring at me with watery eyes. “I’m completely and one hundred percent serious. You don’t even understand how happy I am about this.”

“Then why do you keep screaming at me?”

He shrugs. “I would’ve liked to be part of the whole process. I could’ve been there in the bathroom while you peed on the stick, and I could’ve held your hand while we waited for the little line to appear.” A couple of tears fall again on my cheeks, mirroring the ones on his. “I’m mad because I wasn’t there with you when I should have. Fucking hell, Elena, I’ve wanted kids all my life. This… This is the best gift in the world.”

So I smile. I smile and I jump in his arms, sobbing on his shoulder with what’s left of my tears. “I want this baby, too. I’m scared, but I want this baby with you.”

“I’m scared too,” he admits, placing his hand on my stomach and rubbing the skin gently. “But financially, we’re more than ready. And emotionally? Jesus, I love you so much. I wouldn’t have babies with anyone else but you. I love you so fucking much.”

“I love you so much,” I whisper in his arms. “You’re gonna be such a good dad.”

He hums in disagreement. “You’re gonna be the best mum, but I’ll have to work hard to earn our kid’s love.”

I giggle on his shoulder, cradling my nose in the crook of his neck. “Harry?”

“What?”

“We’re gonna have a baby.”

He nods. “Yes. We’re gonna have a baby and we’re gonna get married. We’re gonna be a family.”

“I love you.”

“I love you more,” he chuckles and kisses me. “And I love our little bean so much already.”

----------------------

Chapter End Notes:

I have tears. I hope you enjoyed xx 

A couple more left, thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment and vote!!Thanks!:D

-Katexx