Chapter 25

Happy New year!❤

-Katexx

----------------

Chapter 25

Alfie isn't talking to me.

I've called, sent emails, text messages, Facebook messages, Twitter DMs, and even pathetically tried his old MySpace page and searched for Lewis in the white pages, but came out unsuccessful. But with all the messages sent, so far I haven't gotten a single response. None at all. And since iMessage shows when the person has read your text, I know he's seen all of them. Every call I've made was sent directly to voicemail, so I assume he's been manually declining them. Also, his Facebook and Twitter pages have been very active, but even when I write on his wall or directly tweet him, he hasn't bothered to reply. And the tweet part was a mistake, because then I saw the number of followers increase dramatically on his page. I believe it made it worse.

Today is New Year's Eve, and I wanted nothing more to apologize to my best friend and make sure things were good. But things seem to be far from being good, and I find myself yelling in frustration at my phone. I never wanted his homosexual relationship to be so public, and it's not like he's hiding, anyway. I don't understand why it would cause so much drama. But I should've never gotten him involved in this life. We were so good before Harry came back and had to ruin it all.

Scratch that. I refuse to blame Harry on this one when it's all my doing. I demanded that Alfie pass for my pretend boyfriend. I involved him in this life and I agreed to join Harry on this holiday. For the entire morning, Harry has been nothing but supportive and helpful, searching through the white pages with me and sending Twitter DMs to Alfie until he was blocked and reported. On a normal day I would've laughed at Alfie's dark humor for reporting Harry, but after his account was blocked for a minute and a half, causing a small but visible distress in the entire One Direction fandom, things weren't funny anymore.

After so many tries, I finally accepted the fact that Alfie was going to be angry for a while, and I told myself that when school started again I'd be able to give a proper and fuller apology. For now, I know I have to settle with what I get from him, which is absolutely nothing.

My friendship with Alfie has gone downwards just like my friendship with Camilla has. Maybe I just suck at having close friends, because clearly I can't really keep them.

Then last night, I was trying to fall asleep but the guest bed isn't nearly as comfortable as Harry's, and I stayed up for quite a while just thinking. An idea popped in my head that I meant to talk about with Harry, and while we're alone in his bedroom I'm thinking it's probably the best time. This way, if he gets angry, I won't be embarrassed in front of his family.

"I love your house in London, you know?" I start smoothly, just letting the words roll on my tongue casually. But when he looks up with an eyebrow kinked up, I swallow. "It's big and nice, very modern and -"

"Get to your point, Elena," he encourages rudely, but without raising his voice.

"And I know you said you wouldn't let me live anywhere else but with you," I continue. Harry rolls his eyes and motions for me to go on with his forefinger, raining an eyebrow. So I go on. "Well, you're going back on tour and now that paps know that I've been living at your place, I thought that maybe it'd be best if I moved into an apartment. Just to divert the attention, right? And I have a car now - which I still think is too much but whatever - and I could be closer to school."

The clock ticking is the only thing I hear in the room. Four thirty something. Four thirty something else. I wait for Harry to snap, to scream and to reprimand me saying all that crap about how I belong to him, but he doesn't react. "That's... that's actually a good idea," he admits, though his face seems uncertain.