Chapter 1

P.S.: don't read the story if you haven't read the first book cause it would cause a lot of confusion.

Long Chapter!

-Katexx

--------------

Chapter 1

"Really?" I shout angrily at the man who just drove past me in a large puddle of water and soaked me from head to toe, even though he can't hear me. After crossing the street, I watch him turn the corner of the street as he chuckles guiltlessly in his vehicle. "Fucker."

Clutching my phone tight in my hand, I make my way down the street to the school's library where Alfie is meeting me for our daily study session. Having Mondays off and still having to go to school kind of sucks, but with the finals coming up next week, we scheduled studying periods for this week almost every afternoon considering that we have a matching course schedule.

It was my 3.9 GPA and my almost-perfect good grades that convinced the dean of the university to sign my transfer papers in such a short period of time. Most people requested transfers months before the term started, while just two weeks before mine, I received the acceptance letter that confirmed my transfer. I packed my suitcases the following day and flew in the next.

But switching universities almost meant having to work twice as hard. The communications program at this university was on the small side, with only one hundred and fifty people. Therefore with most people already knowing each other as they have shared classes for a whole year already, I had to keep up on work and try to include myself in teams when there's a project. Luckily, Alfie was also a newbie at the beginning of the semester, and even though he'd just arrived from a university nearby and had many friends already studying here, our lack of class mates brought us together.

After the previous months I'd gone through, going back to school and making friends had definitely been the biggest of my worries. It took me several sleepless nights to make up my mind to actually put the books in my bag and head to school. That Monday morning during another rainy day in early September, I turned off the ignition many times before finally starting the car. My parents never understood my decision to transfer, but I no longer need them to pay for my education. And even if I love them to death, they tried to ground me for a whole month after I came back home midsummer. My rebellious days started then when I told them to shove it, which caused a fight in the house and them telling me that if I did move out and take advantage of my newfound money, I couldn't go back.

I left.

With my part time job as a waitress at the breakfast place near the school, it helps with pocket money. After all, I don't really have any rent to pay or car payments. The rest of the money goes directly in my savings or for school payments and I take very good care of it.

As soon as I walk through the large doors of the library, I spot Alfie's brown buzz-cut head sitting at a table with his eyes focused on the laptop before him. His trench coat hangs from the back of his chair, still wet from the rain pouring earlier, which makes me assume that he hasn't been waiting for me for a long time.

"Good afternoon," I muse with a smile as I pop into the seat in front of him, unbuttoning my own coat to place it on the back of the chair.

"Hallo," he replies in a thick British accent, the word smoothly leaving his lips. "Enjoying the weather?"

With a forced, angry glare, I state completely deadpan, "Love it."

He chuckles loudly at my response, his round glasses falling down the bridge of his nose at the same time which he catches in a swift move with his fingertip, and refocuses on his computer screen. "At least there isn't snow."