Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Last night, Harry drove back to Grimmy's to get some clothes so he could spend the night at the house. I told him that he might as well consider moving back here, and although he said we'd have to take things slowly, but that he wanted to. Not that he wasn't enjoying living at Nick's, he actually told me that if I were to ever leave him, he'd probably permanently move in at Nick's place, but he misses the comfort of the house, and-his words, not mine-me.

But while he was gone, I made a call and left a message when the person didn't answer. I wasn't expecting an answer right away, but when my phone starts ringing in the middle of my drive back home from school, the smile on my face only widens at the name on my phone.

"Hello," I greet happily on the speakerphone, my hands gripping on the steering wheel not to let the conversation distract my driving. This car is so easy to drive that it almost is like not driving at all.

"Elena, hi," Gemma says. "I'm sorry I got your message this morning, I wasn't sure if you were at school. How are you, love?"

"I'm fine, what about you?"

"I'm good. Listen, I'm in London right now. Would you like to meet with me for coffee? So we can talk?"

And just as she asks me, I make a U-turn at the first possibility and make arrangements to meet in fifteen minutes at a coffee place near the university. Harry doesn't know that I called his sister in hope to fix things. Since he had called Alfie, I figured I could repay him and try to fix things with his family. There was a bit of a misunderstanding, but maybe they also need to understand that being in this relationship is my choice and I have to deal with the consequences, even if sometimes things don't work just fine. Harry definitely has issues that he needs to deal with and I know that if he wants to deal with them, I might suffer in the process. We had this conversation before going to bed last night, the fact that it might be hard because of his past and not just because of the fans, and I made him promise to talk instead of ruining things. He bleh-ed and ugh-ed, but he said he'd do anything not to screw up again. Or at least not as bad. I slapped him on the chest and poked him in the ribs.

It gave me even more hope that he'd be able to fix things with his parents. He's been trying. He wants to do it and the only way he could ever succeed is with everyone's support, including his parents'. And if they see that I have faith in him, maybe they will too.

Gemma is already sat at a table when walk into the cozy café, the bell chiming above my head as the door opens and closes. I smile at the hostess and walk straight to Gemma's table, grinning even wider when I see the tea in her hands and a coffee in front of her for me to drink.

"Thank you so much for calling me back," is the first thing I tell her as she gets up to greet me.

I kiss her cheeks, hugging her gently and compliment her on the gorgeous pastel blue and purple she got in her hair. "I was hoping you'd give me a call. How have you been?"

"I'm doing great," I say truthfully as I sit down. "How are you? What are you doing in London in the first place?"

She takes a long sip of her tea, blowing on the drink first because it's clearly hot from the smoke coming out of it. "My boss sends me to London once in a while and I'm going to settle here in a couple of weeks for good. I even found a flat that will be free at the end of the month, so I'll be living in the area. You're still at Harry's?"

I nod. "Yes, it's actually about this that I wanted to talk to you."

The conversation stops as we're shortly interrupted by the waitress coming to take our order. While Gemma goes for a burger, I go for a chicken salad that'll be less heavy in my stomach. Not that I want to watch my diet, but with the period cramps I've been having since I woke up, I'd rather not amplify them with an overload of food.