Chapter 24

Merry Christmas, hope you have a wonderful evening wherever you are. ❤

One of the longest Chapters yet.

-Katexx

--------------

Chapter 24

I packed all my things. When we got here yesterday my suitcase was clean and organized even though it was utterly over packed. Now it sits on the floor by the bed, the zipper almost breaking from being forced closed, and I even had to stuff two of my shirts in my purse in order to close it.

An hour ago I woke up tucked in bed, fully clothed and face puffy from crying so much. There was no sound in the room, only faint voices coming from the kitchen, so I took the opportunity to change, wash my face and pack. I knew right away that I couldn't stay here, not after embarrassing myself in front of this entire family and ruining their lives from being all over the internet.

The amount of paparazzi standing in front of the house has increased in the past few hours, tons of people now waiting in their cars with their cameras and sitting on the pavement, waiting for my next move. Or whoever comes first, really. Though they can't see me from the window, I feel observed and naked under their stare. They watch the house in every angle, and walking out of here is going to be a real misery.

Google maps helps, though. I've managed to find the closest bus station that takes me to the closest train station, en route to London town. I've made out an entire plan on my phone, screen capping the whole route and directions so I don't get lost, but being a small city, I can only purchase the train ticket from the train station itself. I tuck some loose coins in my pocket for the bus, and now I've just got to find a way to get out of this house without getting noticed.

The front door is out of the question. Not only is it a direct sight for the paparazzi, it's also right in between the living room and the dining room, where everyone in the house could see me. The window falls directly in the front house, so this one can't also be considered as an option. The last one I can see is the back door, which is lead from the kitchen area, and though the kitchen can be seen from the den, it's on the opposite side of the dining room. Therefore if I leave at the right time during dinner, I've only got ninety percent of chances to be caught.

I tiptoe around the bedroom not to cause the floors to crack. With my phone fully charged, I sent a quick text to Alfie, apologizing for his life being so exposed. Within the few minutes it takes me to build the courage to carry my suitcase down the stairs, he never replies.

And God is it heavy. I pull it up with both arms as much as I can so it doesn't make any noise as I walk down the old wooden steps. The conversation in the dining room sounds tensed, probably not the best dinner they've had, but it's enough to keep the house alive, not too quiet for them to hear me sneak out. I would roll my suitcase to the door, but it would definitely make too much nose.

With sneakers on my feet and a thick sweater on my body, I make my way out in the cold where the snow is just low enough not to get into my shoes. I couldn't exactly go get my coat and boots from the living room, so I had to do with what I had best.

I sneak through the neighbours' backyard. There's a trap in the fence, almost like a door, that easily travels between the two yards without being noticed. All the houses are quiet, lightly illuminated through the windows as the sun goes down and the darkness strikes. I figure that if people are in their kitchens with the light turned on, they can't see anything this far outside in the dark, so I'm safe. I walk through four different yards until I turn a corner and emerge on the street.

From here, there aren't any photographers. I walk onto the street with my suitcase quietly and safely, not daring to put on my headphones and conceal any noise that could lead me to believe that I'm being followed. It's so quiet in this small village, long fields of trees leading nowhere, houses and houses with incredible view on the country, only just a few kilometers from the closest bus stop.