Chapter 10

What do you think about the YouTube video that I added?

I personally think that it kinda describes Elena's thoughts.

-Katexx

-----------------

Chapter 10

Before anyone can reply, as if saved by the bell, a ringtone chirps in the air and everyone looks around for their phones. Liam takes his out and swipes his finger across the screen, pressing the phone to his ear. "Yeah, mate," is how he answers the phone after reading the caller ID.

I cross my legs while Harry wriggles on the sofa, Lou bending her legs to her chest as she brings her feet on the couch. Liam glances around all three of us while he speaks and responds with short sentences and simple words, raising his eyebrows suspiciously once in a while.

After a few minutes of nodding, even though the person on the other line can't even see him, he puts up a finger signalling 'one moment' to us and walks out of the living room and to the kitchen. Just as I lose sight of him, I feel Harry's nose ticking my ear. "I'm not letting him take you anywhere, alright?"

I gulp and nod slowly, letting him know that I agree with him without actually saying it out loud. Admitting it would just put us in much more trouble, but deep inside he knows that I still feel the same about him. I can tell. This stays between him and I, and he seems pleased with the answer. I don't want to go anywhere.

"Harry," Liam calls as he walks back in the living room, pushing the phone in the back pocket of his pants. "We have a meeting with Ben and Julian. It's a bit last minute but it's important."

Harry nods and takes a deep breath. "Did you say anything about all of this?"

My heart stops at the idea of the other boys knowing, and I can practically hear Harry's heartbeat from here. For months I wondered what it would be like if I were to see them again, and now that Liam is standing in front of me, I regret ever wishing it. Harry slowly gets up, brushes his legs with his palms and straightens on his feet, but while Liam doesn't reply, Harry grows impatient. "I asked you a question, Liam. Did you tell them anything?"

"No. And I think it should stay this way," he concedes. "But if you do anything to her or you try anything, I swear to God, Harry, you'll be in a lot more shit than you've ever thought of."

"Got it," Harry says as he pinches his bottom lip with his thumb and forefinger.

Liam taps his friend on the shoulder and then turns to me. "This goes for both of you. I'll keep your secret but don't fuck this up and stay far from each other. And I'll be making check-ups on the two of you. Why were you even together, today?"

"I had a class this morning. Harry decided we could have lunch afterwards."

Harry raises an eyebrow and smirks. "I decided? You're the one who told me you were free for lunch today. I simply complied to your demand, woman."

"This is what I'm talking about," Liam snaps. "This conversation shouldn't even be happening. Share separate rooms, arrange yourselves not to run into each other in the house and please, don't hang out unless you happen to be in the same room accidentally. Stay at his house, that's fine. But you're gone when we come back."

"Thank you, Liam. I didn't want to move out right before Christmas. I'll go after next semester."

"I'm just glad you're alright, love. Believe it or not, I got pretty scared after you left. I'm glad things turned out alright for you."

Harry offers me the car keys and grins. "I'll catch a ride with this idiot so you can take the car. I'll meet you home after dinner, alright?"

"Yeah." I take the keys from him and follow the three of them out the door. "I'll meet you home."