Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Harry's POV

"Mum," I choke out in a whisper, pulling the door wide open nervously.

Half hidden behind me, my little Elena gives a small, shy wave, but I'm distracted when Mum attacks me with one of her best hugs. She wraps her arms around my torso and I rest my cheek against her head, feeling like I'm eleven again and barely past her shoulders. Seeing her face feels like I haven't seen her in months. Then again, it sort of is the case.

"Mum," I repeat, rubbing her back comfortingly. "What are you doing here? Why didn't you call first?"

She detaches her arms from me and catches a fallen tear on her cheek. "Since when is your sister allowed to see you and I have to call?" I shift nervously on my feet but she shoots me a teasing grin. "I know it's late, baby. I drove here after work and I'm driving Gemma back home tomorrow."

Elena quietly walks around me and closes the door not to let the cold air in too much, but Mum startles her by pointing a finger accusingly at her. "And you, young woman," she bites amusingly, and Elena freezes with wide eyes. I cross my arms over bare chest to watch their interaction. "You didn't call either, love."

El relaxes and extends her arms to give Mum a hug. "I'm sorry. I wouldn't have known what to say." My heart makes a weird twist, and I almost wonder if I'm about to fucking puke again, but it feels like a much different sensation. A much better one. "Please, come in. Harry's just gonna go put some clothes on, right?"

Then I realize that I'm standing there in nothing but my briefs. I smack my forehead, thanking fucking God that they're tight enough to hide the semi I had just two minutes before. "Right. Hmm, I'll be right back."

Elena walks towards the living room with Mum as I jump all the stairs at once. The bedroom is still a mess when I walk in, the bed undone and Elena's shower towel on the floor. And then she complains that I'm the one who leaves the towel on the floor! Fucking hell. I shove my feet in the first pair of shorts I can fine, pull a white t-shirt over my head and, before jumping down the stairs, I grab my black jumper for Elena to wear on top of her jammies.

I find Mum and El sitting in the living room beaming at me when I arrive. "I-Hmm-Does anyone want tea?"

Elena shakes her head but Mum grimaces. "Honey, you make the worst tea. Allow me, yeah?"

Before she gets up, Elena cracks up. "Everything he makes is good except his tea!"

"Shut it, you," I roll my eyes teasingly and throw the jumper over her face. She mumbles something back but it's muffled by the fabric. "Oh, I'm sorry, did the cat eat your tongue?"

"I said, go F yourself," she repeats with a smug look, making my mum throw her head back and laugh before disappearing in the kitchen.

I settle next to El and wrap my arms around her, pulling her onto my lap and shoving my hands in the front pockets of my jumper. "I was about to," I smirk, making her grimace. "Don't worry, we'll start where we left off later."

The kettle shrieks and it rings in my ears, so I drop my head between Elena's neck and shoulder, she fights to pull away, clearly not wanting to be showing some PDA in case Mum walks in with the team but I hold her tighter.

Mum carries three mugs, two with tea and one with coffee. With a smile, she hands the coffee to El, who takes it gratefully. "So," Mum starts after taking a long sip of tea, "your sister told me that you two made up."

El gulps but I bite the back of her neck reassuringly. "She can't stay away from me," I remark cockily, and she puffs. "It's true!"

"How's it been since New Year's?" Elena asks Mum as she ignores me while I try to lick her neck. She pushes her head to the side to pull away, but I pull her closer to me. Her skin is delightfully salty, but still tastes like her shower gel. I suck on a particular spot that I know she likes, but she doesn't even stir.